Author Topic: German Session Mk 2  (Read 38640 times)

Offline KitKatKid Schomer

• Call me Kit :D
    • View Profile
Re: German Session Mk 2
« Reply #135 on: April 05, 2008, 07:16:01 AM »
Im going back on Tuesday, and am in one of the few counties that are going back then. Its annoying, when I was on holiday, most of the tourist type shops were closed, because not many people where on the easter break. But I still walked past the school and laughed.
KitKatKid Schomer    My Twitter

Offline Marko Schomer

• The Hawaiian Shirts
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: April 05, 2008, 10:20:28 AM »
Hmm...

May have something to do with the fact I go to a private school, so they don't have to conform to what the government says :P

Easter holidays tend to be set by schools themselves, or by LEAs- central government doesn't get a say. If they did, we might have holidays that were more similar across the UK. The main problem, though, is the ridiculous calculation to get the date of Easter each year. Why it can't just be fixed I don't know.

Offline Decimus Schomer

• The Hawaiian Shirts
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: April 05, 2008, 10:55:46 AM »
Easter holidays tend to be set by schools themselves, or by LEAs- central government doesn't get a say.
Ah, right.
(anyway, I was replying to Topper's comment that some counties are going to have standardised terms)

The main problem, though, is the ridiculous calculation to get the date of Easter each year. Why it can't just be fixed I don't know.
Indeed.
It's something crazy like 'the nearest Sunday to the nearest [some phase of the moon] to [some date]', because it was originally a pagan festival; Christianity just borrowed it and decided not to change the date (even though it's somewhat suspicious, considering the Christian version supposedly celebrates an event that happened on a specific day :P)

Offline Fox Phlox

• View Profile
« Reply #138 on: April 05, 2008, 09:19:45 PM »
It celebrates an event which happened at a particular phase of the moon. Passover - like most of the major Jewish festivals - is related to the moon.  Easter almost always follows Passover (this year is Jewish leap year so, unusually, Easter coincided with Purim, instead).
Only the stoutest arm, the bravest heart, with a magic charm and a good head start can ever outfox the Fox

Offline Miss. Vibia

• The Hawaiian Shirts
    • View Profile
    • Schome user page
« Reply #139 on: April 06, 2008, 01:38:16 PM »
Yes, apparently it has to do with the moon phases, and eclipses, as there was an eclipse when Jesus was on the cross. Apparently there are a *lot* of calculations to sort out when Easter is!  :P
We could be heroes just for one day.

Offline Alice SParker

• View Profile
« Reply #140 on: April 07, 2008, 11:26:32 AM »
I've edited details on the events page for this week's German. There is still one, right?

Offline Miss. Vibia

• The Hawaiian Shirts
    • View Profile
    • Schome user page
« Reply #141 on: April 07, 2008, 06:18:11 PM »
Oh, shoot. I tohugh i put it on there. Sorry!  :-\

Thanks though!  :)

Offline Miss. Vibia

• The Hawaiian Shirts
    • View Profile
    • Schome user page
« Reply #142 on: April 08, 2008, 06:13:34 PM »
May be slightly late due to the downloads which we apparently need. Ah well, I'll be in ASAP.

Offline Decimus Schomer

• The Hawaiian Shirts
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: April 08, 2008, 06:14:28 PM »
May be slightly late due to the downloads which we apparently need.
Yeah, I noticed those a couple of days ago, when I went in to see if anyone was around (they weren't :P)

Ah well, I'll be in ASAP.
Good good - I'm looking forward to it, as I actually managed to get in-world this time :P

Offline Topper Schomer

• The Hawaiian Shirts
  • SP Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: April 08, 2008, 07:10:08 PM »
I was having my tea. I perfer the 18.4 candidate as its he least crashy one pity i had to upgrade

Topper

Offline Miss. Vibia

• The Hawaiian Shirts
    • View Profile
    • Schome user page
« Reply #145 on: April 08, 2008, 07:38:37 PM »
This new one says that my graphics card and my systems requirements are not up to scratch... was not happy. Plus the thing has downgraded all my settings. Therfore all the other avs aren't v good quality, plus avs now dont type, they hold ther hands at typing level. Not happy with new software at all.

Offline Decimus Schomer

• The Hawaiian Shirts
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: April 08, 2008, 07:58:33 PM »
This new one says that my graphics card and my systems requirements are not up to scratch... was not happy.
It claims it needs that, but it only really needs it on high settings.

Therfore all the other avs aren't v good quality, plus avs now dont type, they hold ther hands at typing level.
Try zooming in on the avatars - if you go close by, it uses the detailed versions.

Offline KitKatKid Schomer

• Call me Kit :D
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: April 08, 2008, 08:00:43 PM »
I had exactly those problem Vibia and can help you change the av problem (well seeing them anyway) but cant remember it exactly but will do it next time we are both inworld at the same time
KitKatKid Schomer    My Twitter

Offline Topper Schomer

• The Hawaiian Shirts
  • SP Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: April 08, 2008, 08:10:26 PM »
the monitor also need to be top spec as my graphics card can handle ultra (albeit laggy) yet cant render nice water

Topper

Offline Miss. Vibia

• The Hawaiian Shirts
    • View Profile
    • Schome user page
« Reply #149 on: April 09, 2008, 05:45:39 PM »
I had exactly those problem Vibia and can help you change the av problem (well seeing them anyway) but cant remember it exactly but will do it next time we are both inworld at the same time

Thanks!  :)

Hmm... well I can't change the monitor as it is a laptop, I think I'm stuck with it!  :P