Author Topic: New Eduserv Bid  (Read 21571 times)

Offline Fox Phlox

• View Profile
Re: New Eduserv Bid
« Reply #15 on: February 14, 2008, 07:58:37 PM »
If we did want to go along the route of temporal analysis of identity, this chapter by Jay Lemke might be a good starting point.
http://www-personal.umich.edu/~jaylemke/webs/time/MCA-identity.htm

[Can you tell I'm writing a session of my thesis on temporality at the moment?]
Only the stoutest arm, the bravest heart, with a magic charm and a good head start can ever outfox the Fox

Offline Rowan

• SP core
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 19, 2008, 02:57:32 PM »
Is the eduserve bid progressing or not? 
any info welcome!
Rowan SParker

Offline RoughBounds

• SP team
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 19, 2008, 04:56:56 PM »
If we did want to go along the route of temporal analysis of identity, this chapter by Jay Lemke might be a good starting point.
http://www-personal.umich.edu/~jaylemke/webs/time/MCA-identity.htm

[Can you tell I'm writing a session of my thesis on temporality at the moment?]

and what view of time are you taking, I recall something about bergosian time versus bachelardian but I cant recall who thought what.

Agree with Rowan re CoP being about learning as an ongoing an iterative part of ongoing pers development and emperical egs I have read using Wagner framework seems to be practice based learning probem solving. My reading could also be based on my marx tinged conflation of practice with praxis

Offline Fox Phlox

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 19, 2008, 07:41:14 PM »
and what view of time are you taking, I recall something about bergosian time versus bachelardian

<Fox heads back to the library.>

Fox finds out that 'Bachelardian time is at odds with Bergsonian duration.'

<Fox heads back to the library.>
« Last Edit: February 19, 2008, 07:48:27 PM by Fox Phlox »
Only the stoutest arm, the bravest heart, with a magic charm and a good head start can ever outfox the Fox

Offline RoughBounds

• SP team
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 20, 2008, 09:27:46 AM »
is one a series of instants and the other a flow of overlapping and subjective temporalities, ie one is grounded in postivist (newtonian) and the other experiential

Offline Pigment SParker

• SP team
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 23, 2008, 08:45:29 AM »
...can anybody fill me in if you are going for an eduserv bid?

I am working on a proposal as I speak...

Offline PeterT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • PeterT's homepage in WikiWorks
« Reply #21 on: February 29, 2008, 09:41:38 AM »
Have been having some discussions in the background - as you do - three possible angles coming out of this with different groups of folk:

• The one that I drafted and Rowan (in particular) has suggested a redrafting of
  • The one Pigment is working on - ties in with machinima and identity but I don't know the details
  • One that a company called Second Places would like to collaborate with us on - looking at more technical aspects of online identity (linked with the government gateway site and using 'identity info' to mediate scope for interactions between adults and students in the main grid)

Clearly the OU cannot be involved in all three directly - though all three would (I think) want to work with the Schome Park Community.

So questions about which one the OU should focus on ... and which one other folk could go for independently (in the sense of with other organisation as the lead) ...

Offline Fox Phlox

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 29, 2008, 10:33:30 AM »
Peter, Could you give us more detail about Second Places? Is it a private company? Who is involved? What connection do they have with this sort of thing already?

How you've written about them, implies they've got an interest in things like identity cards and storage of personal data?

What sort of timescale are we looking at with this bid? Does it need to be in fairly soon?

Pigment, could you tell us a bit more about your bid?

Offline PeterT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • PeterT's homepage in WikiWorks
« Reply #23 on: February 29, 2008, 10:40:54 AM »
Peter, Could you give us more detail about Second Places? Is it a private company? Who is involved? What connection do they have with this sort of thing already?

How you've written about them, implies they've got an interest in things like identity cards and storage of personal data?

What sort of timescale are we looking at with this bid? Does it need to be in fairly soon?

Pigment, could you tell us a bit more about your bid?

Second Places are an SME - they have done developments in SL on both Main and Teen Grid - as well as doing various other 'community oriented' software developments.  I met them at BETT and they came down for a discussion last week about possible collaborations. They are interested in ways of making use of stored personal data (with agreement of the data owner - ie person it relates to) to help manage child protection issues in virtual spaces - eg have everybody on the same grid of Second Life but have data that helps manage the scope for interaction between children and adults.

Offline An¡mus

• SP Global Moderator
  • Original Schomer
    • View Profile
    • Faz's Wiki user page
« Reply #24 on: February 29, 2008, 03:58:53 PM »

One question is, do you think we should be more like the learning space?

Offline Tara SParker

• SP team
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: February 29, 2008, 04:40:30 PM »

I found this link - this is the official one.
http://www.clicksandlinks.com/opencms/opencms/CL_Solutions/products/secondlife/index.html

Offline Fox Phlox

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: February 29, 2008, 04:43:26 PM »

Animus, I didn't understand your question. Which learning space did you mean?

Offline Pigment SParker

• SP team
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: February 29, 2008, 07:35:02 PM »
Hello..

I am happy to share my ideas and current 'struggle' to compose a draft..
It is rather not there yet..but I hope I am forgiven stealing some good lines here and there...
;-)

ok...modified/deleted this version..because I finished yet another, better draft.
« Last Edit: March 02, 2008, 08:01:30 PM by Pigment SParker »

Offline Tara SParker

• SP team
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: February 29, 2008, 07:45:18 PM »

Animus, I didn't understand your question. Which learning space did you mean?

This one maybe?

http://www.clicksandlinks.com/opencms/opencms/CL_Solutions/products/secondlife/learningspace.html

Offline An¡mus

• SP Global Moderator
  • Original Schomer
    • View Profile
    • Faz's Wiki user page
« Reply #29 on: February 29, 2008, 07:54:39 PM »

thats the one