Author Topic: Wheres my build gone?  (Read 15249 times)

Offline Spiral Schomer

• The Hawaiian Shirts
    • View Profile
Wheres my build gone?
« on: February 02, 2008, 10:20:08 PM »
I had a build above the sandbox at 150. It appears to have dissapeared!

Where is it please?

Offline Kathy Schomer

• The Hawaiian Shirts
    • View Profile
    • My blog
Re: Wheres my build gone?
« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2008, 10:21:25 PM »
Anything above the sandbox will automatically remove itself after a week of existence. It'll be in your inventory.
Meep.

Offline Spiral Schomer

• The Hawaiian Shirts
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 02, 2008, 10:23:49 PM »
Whereabouts

Offline Decimus Schomer

• The Hawaiian Shirts
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 02, 2008, 10:24:06 PM »

Offline Spiral Schomer

• The Hawaiian Shirts
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 02, 2008, 10:26:47 PM »
Well it isnt. And all I get from Kathy Is Tough Luck.

I didnt know anything about no wipe, I havent been on the forum or in-world so no it isnt tough luck

I spent alot of time on that build. So THANKS!!!!!!

Offline Decimus Schomer

• The Hawaiian Shirts
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 02, 2008, 11:03:50 PM »
Well it isnt.
You may have the problem I had a while back - the SL cache kills itself somehow. (assuming you're using Windoze) go to the Start menu, then click on 'Run'. Type '%APPDATA%\SecondLife\', hit enter and completely empty that folder. And it should work.

Offline Spiral Schomer

• The Hawaiian Shirts
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 02, 2008, 11:11:57 PM »
Nah, it dm, cant be bothered with schome anymore. I get no respect whatsoever. No help with my build dissapearing. Didn't even know the sandbox was getting swept.

Offline Kathy Schomer

• The Hawaiian Shirts
    • View Profile
    • My blog
« Reply #7 on: February 02, 2008, 11:37:08 PM »
Decimus' post looked a lot like help. Furthermore, what exactly do you expect in response to you leaving a build in the sandbox and it getting wiped? We aren't Linden Lab, we can't restore it from a backup. Since you took no action to avoid loss of in-world objects (i.e. taking a copy), it's your own (and LL's) fault.
Meep.

Offline Alice SParker

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 03, 2008, 09:01:24 AM »
Hi Spiral! I understand your frustration - it must be really disappointing to lose something you have spent a lot of time on all of a sudden!!
My first in-world experience was on Wednesday and I couldn't even follow people: they had to keep teleporting me to where they were.. I felt so silly and exhausted! This is no way comparable to what you experienced, I know, all I'm trying to say is people learn through challenges and mistakes..
Hope to see you in-world and your newer building soon..

And I believe Kathy and Decimus have been trying their best to help.. That's the technology and it just takes time getting used to how it works..

Offline Marsbar9 Schomer

• Coordinator
  • :-)
    • View Profile
    • Homepage
« Reply #9 on: February 03, 2008, 10:44:33 AM »
The sandbox has been swept for months Spiral, it is assumed that everyone uses the forum regularly to keep up to date with what happens.

All objects are returned - not deleted - to one of your folders, it might just be named "object", so have a look before shouting at people.
-Mars

Offline Fox Phlox

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 03, 2008, 10:54:34 AM »
Spiral, if the Sandbox Sweep is deleting some things rather than returning them, this is a serious problem for everyone who builds there. If, after following Deimus's advice, there is sitll no sign of it in your lost and found folder, then PM PeterT, because we need to get this sorted out.

Also, if an experienced community member like you is being caught out by the Sandbox wipes, then I assume that newcomers who know nothing about sandboxes may also be running into problems. Could the building and planning permission team maybe think about adding some signs?

Was your comment about receiving no respect a response to your build suddenly disappearing, or is something else going on?
Only the stoutest arm, the bravest heart, with a magic charm and a good head start can ever outfox the Fox

Offline Marsbar9 Schomer

• Coordinator
  • :-)
    • View Profile
    • Homepage
« Reply #11 on: February 03, 2008, 11:11:03 AM »
I have given Developer a warning notice that can be put in the region and won't be returned weekly.
-Mars

Offline Topper Schomer

• The Hawaiian Shirts
  • SP Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 03, 2008, 01:25:13 PM »
its every 2 days the sand box wipes and my build went too but anyways that was going to be deleted...

Topper

Offline Spiral Schomer

• The Hawaiian Shirts
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 03, 2008, 02:05:42 PM »
I have checked my folder, nothing is there. I have cleared my cache, still not there.

Kathy appears to be helping on the forum, but in-world she was stubborn.

Thanks for your advice Decimus, I appreciate your help.

Mars, I had no idea the sandbox was being wiped. I havent been on the forum properly, for over a month, if more. I havent been in-world for 2 or 3 weeks, and the last time I was in there, I was trying to finish my build off.

And I did "look before shouting at people". if you had bothered to have read my earlier posts, you would have seen that.

Offline PeterT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • PeterT's homepage in WikiWorks
« Reply #14 on: February 03, 2008, 02:16:48 PM »
When the sandbox is swept then all items should be returned to their owners - so look in the returned (or is it lost and found) folder in your inventory.

Sorry if this came as a surprise ... we do assume that folk are keeping an eye on the forum but even so I know it is easy to miss the odd message or two ...

As Alice said this must be very frustrating for you ...  :(