Author Topic: Staff members and CRBs  (Read 5049 times)

Offline PeterT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • PeterT's homepage in WikiWorks
Staff members and CRBs
« on: February 01, 2008, 01:03:49 PM »
Just wanted to alert folk to the fact that there are two or three folk in the forum/wiki who have the second name SParker but for whom we have not yet had CRB checks through - actually we have had checks through but because the folk in question were not resident in the UK for the last 5 years we are wanting to go back and get further checks done.

So be aware that just because someone has the second name SParker does NOT necessarily mean they have been CRB checked.

Actually - whilst not wanting to be too paranoid - you should always be cautious about anybody online if they do anything that that makes you feel in the least bit uncomfortable. This applies to other students, staff and anyone else within the Schommunity.

PeterT

Offline Topper Schomer

• The Hawaiian Shirts
  • SP Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Staff members and CRBs
« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2008, 01:21:21 PM »
I thought everyoone called SParker had been CRB cheacked could you change it slightly please

Topper

Offline Fox Phlox

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 01, 2008, 01:27:35 PM »
All the staff in world have been CRB checked. The forum and wiki are open to anyone who uses them appropriately (eg not for advertising etc).
Only the stoutest arm, the bravest heart, with a magic charm and a good head start can ever outfox the Fox

Offline Topper Schomer

• The Hawaiian Shirts
  • SP Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 01, 2008, 01:29:18 PM »
but can you change the surname on them please

Topper

Offline PeterT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • PeterT's homepage in WikiWorks
« Reply #4 on: February 01, 2008, 01:50:24 PM »
but can you change the surname on them please

Topper

What I have done is changed the display names of the folk concerned in the forum. To be honest this was an error - cos we thought that the CRBs were OK not having realised that the folk hadn't been living in the UK for sufficiently long to make the CRBs very meaningful.

You need to be aware though that anybody could in theory register on the forum and choose the name SParker - I suspect we would spot that pretty fast and do something about it - but it is possible.

So even if someone has the second name SParker you ought - as always - to be alert to any inappropriate requests for info etc. Staff should never communicate with you by email (other than through the schome-sl-help@open.ac.uk email account) and should never be asking for personal details from you. If they do then please let me or another member of staff know immediately.

PeterT