Author Topic: A very very big platform  (Read 4791 times)

Offline Topper Schomer

• The Hawaiian Shirts
  • SP Global Moderator
    • View Profile
A very very big platform
« on: January 23, 2008, 08:42:25 PM »
Steam has built a frankly enomas platform up at between 136,152,101. Its gaitntic and almosts blocks my normal flying routes. Please can this be gone as it is massive and nothing has beeen applyed for

Topper

Offline Steam Schomer

• The Hawaiian Shirts
  • The Steam Enthusiast
    • View Profile
    • Steam Schomer
Re: A very very big platform
« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2008, 04:36:18 PM »
A. I was building a race track because people said there would be one on the next island but there wasn't.

B. I thought you could build anything in the sky.

C. I have deleted some now but my computer (which i downloaded second life on) has now completely died, and i can't access it at the moment.
~> Steam Schomer <~

Offline Steam Schomer

• The Hawaiian Shirts
  • The Steam Enthusiast
    • View Profile
    • Steam Schomer
« Reply #2 on: January 24, 2008, 04:50:06 PM »
can i move it higher into the air?
~> Steam Schomer <~

Offline An¡mus

• SP Global Moderator
  • Original Schomer
    • View Profile
    • Faz's Wiki user page
« Reply #3 on: January 24, 2008, 04:56:47 PM »

There already is a racetrack

Offline Marko Schomer

• The Hawaiian Shirts
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 24, 2008, 05:13:55 PM »
You're allowed to build what you want, but if there's an objection (as there has been from Topper), and it gets turned down, then it needs to be removed. You might want to remove it yourself, considering there already is a racetrack.

Offline Explo Schomer

• SP Global Moderator
  • Nice, eh?
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 24, 2008, 06:11:46 PM »
The racecourse is at 110,130,500, high up-all the builds are listed here.

If you want to build something without applying for permission, you have to build in the sandbox, in the North East of the island (it says whether you are in the sandbox in the top of your screen). Otherwise, you have to apply for permission-it is far preferable that you apply for permission before building, but you can if necessary build first and apply for permission later, although please make a post if you are going to do this. Not all applications will have to go to poll, but please make a post. The difference for building high in the air is that you don't have to apply for design permission straight off-the build can look however you want unless someone objects.

In short, if you are going to build anywhere outside the sandbox, please post first.

An explanation of the regulations is here and the full regulations beneath-please could everybody look at them, even if you think you know them already. Incidentally, I've moved the regulations to a page of their own, much overdue, based on Decimus' comments on the talk page.
« Last Edit: January 24, 2008, 06:35:35 PM by Explo Schomer »
'I am the gadfly'-or at least, I'd like to be

Question everything, including this.