The schome community Go to the Schome Wiki
October 27, 2020, 03:38:57 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: To register for the wiki or forum email ONE sentence explaining why you want to join the Schommunity to Peter[dot]Twining[at]newcastle[dot]edu[dot]au
(Replace [dot] with . and [at] with @)

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Voting INworld.  (Read 5009 times)
Baso Schomer
The Hawaiian Shirts

View Profile WWW Email
« on: January 18, 2008, 08:33:15 AM »

Ive got an idea..how about we vote on builds inworld..that way they would get done quicker...ie a BandPP group that anyone can join..and the proposal gets sent through there!
We then simply vote!
That way....we'd get the ten people required to vote voting inworld.....within a week and we'd have an auto majority....

!!Baso!!
Spiral Schomer
The Hawaiian Shirts

View Profile Email
« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2008, 12:17:51 PM »

Very good idea, this is common sense really. I dont see how people didnt come up with this before! lol
Explo Schomer
SP Global Moderator

Nice, eh?

View Profile Email
« Reply #2 on: January 18, 2008, 12:56:51 PM »

We suggested this before, and various people started work on a scripted object that counted the number of people it had been touched by, which would mean that people didn't need to be part of the group to vote. I'm not sure how far anyone got with this, but I think I can see a way to do it if no one has done this. A group would also have the advantage though, of people choosing to share their objects with the group-making sweeps easier.

I would say, though, that any inworld votes shouldn't stop there being polls in these forums as well-we can have both easily enough.

'I am the gadfly'-or at least, I'd like to be

Question everything, including this.
Achilles Schomer
The Hawaiian Shirts

View Profile Email
« Reply #3 on: January 18, 2008, 01:15:27 PM »

We mainly used the forum voting as more people have the ability to access it and don't need to discuss just in world, allows people to comment at different times

My posts are like buses...you wait days for a reply then they all come at once!
Marko Schomer
The Hawaiian Shirts

View Profile Email
« Reply #4 on: January 18, 2008, 04:13:28 PM »

There are quite a few advantages of forum voting, in that it is anonymous (if people want it to be), you can vote at any time, rather than just at certain meetings, you can change your vote, and you have more time to consider things before voting. Of course, we could use a scripted object inworld, but that would have the same disadvantages as forum votes, so why change?
Topper Schomer
The Hawaiian Shirts
SP Global Moderator

View Profile Email
« Reply #5 on: January 18, 2008, 04:40:25 PM »

a proposal in a group is anoymos and i would solve a problem we have had with people outside schomepark have been able to vote. I agree with this motion

Topper
Baso Schomer
The Hawaiian Shirts

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #6 on: January 18, 2008, 05:06:27 PM »

Oh and to add to toppers very true comment...you can vogte on it anytime inworld also....i htink oyu think it is a meeting, wereas its a group thing..like  anotice that you can vote one...

!!Baso!!
Marko Schomer
The Hawaiian Shirts

View Profile Email
« Reply #7 on: January 19, 2008, 06:12:24 PM »

a proposal in a group is anoymos and i would solve a problem we have had with people outside schomepark have been able to vote. I agree with this motion

Topper

If we have inworld meetings where people vote, then voting isn't anonymous and people can miss out on their rights through having something else on. If votes are collected anonymously over time by a scripted object, then the time involved will be the same as it is on this forum. I haven't really noticed any problems with outside people -why would they bother voting if it doesn't affect them? However, if people do think there's a problem with the lack of constraints on voting, then moving to an inworld system might be a good idea, as long as problems with the script's owner being able to edit it are sorted (perhaps give rights to PeterT, or anyone judged to be unbiased)
Explo Schomer
SP Global Moderator

Nice, eh?

View Profile Email
« Reply #8 on: January 19, 2008, 06:16:28 PM »

I'm unbiased...  >:D

On a more serious note, if we can't give power to anyone who asks for it, who can we then give it to?

'I am the gadfly'-or at least, I'd like to be

Question everything, including this.
Baso Schomer
The Hawaiian Shirts

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #9 on: January 19, 2008, 06:52:29 PM »

Ther thing is that...you dont have to log on to get it on the forum and the forum is always..and i mee n always extended.....

!!Baso!!
Achilles Schomer
The Hawaiian Shirts

View Profile Email
« Reply #10 on: January 19, 2008, 07:03:56 PM »

if voting was one via a scripted object it would need to register uuid's to makes sure everyone gets one vote

so it wouldn't be anonoymous

An¡mus
SP Global Moderator

Original Schomer

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #11 on: January 19, 2008, 07:05:35 PM »

Why should we need to vote in a virtual environment when we have a perfectly able system now? ???
Baso Schomer
The Hawaiian Shirts

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #12 on: January 19, 2008, 07:06:16 PM »

i never mentioned an object..i mentioned the group... read the first post!

The group only needs people in it...and you dont know wich ones have voted....unles they all do

its the same as on the forum..just generally quicker and possibly more organised inworld...no off topicness  :P (Nagbot can be turned off for one child forum at least :P)

!!Baso!!
Achilles Schomer
The Hawaiian Shirts

View Profile Email
« Reply #13 on: January 19, 2008, 07:10:49 PM »

well theres no oppotunity to discuss thing unless your on at the same time as everyone else

so tis no for me

An¡mus
SP Global Moderator

Original Schomer

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #14 on: January 19, 2008, 07:12:43 PM »

Nay from me too.
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: