Author Topic: New Peeps from LA get a buddy here  (Read 29053 times)

Offline Topper Schomer

• The Hawaiian Shirts
  • SP Global Moderator
    • View Profile
New Peeps from LA get a buddy here
« on: January 11, 2008, 04:52:50 PM »
If you want a buddy please post here instead of posting it in the genral introdutions :)

Topper

Offline Zzzzz Schomer

• SParkers
  • All Jazzers bow to the sax diety that is Bird.
    • View Profile
Re: New Peeps from LA get a buddy here
« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2008, 05:08:33 PM »
Hey, Zzzzz Schomer here.

I think that it may not be quite clear enough to some of the people here that this is where they should go to find a buddy....

Incidentally, I need a buddy...
~Zzzzz Hath Spoken, and He speaks naught but the Truth.

Offline Topper Schomer

• The Hawaiian Shirts
  • SP Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 11, 2008, 05:28:15 PM »
Thats why the link is being posed on as many intro threads as possable.

If you want i could be your 'buddy'

Topper

Offline Zzzzz Schomer

• SParkers
  • All Jazzers bow to the sax diety that is Bird.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 13, 2008, 11:25:23 PM »
I would appreciate that, thank you

I hereby accept you, Topper, as my buddy.
~Zzzzz Hath Spoken, and He speaks naught but the Truth.

Offline Noel SParker

• SP team
    • View Profile
Introduction and Greetings from LA
« Reply #4 on: January 14, 2008, 03:20:35 AM »
Greetings to the Schome community,

I am delighted to participate in such an innovative and creative project.  I look forward to great things.

I am the technology teacher at Los Angeles County High School for the Arts.  I have been teaching for many years, but only five in the field of technology (the rest in the performing arts).

Nineteen of my students will also be participating in activities on the island.  My focus in on any new international collaborative media projects.  We have just finished creating videos for the Flat Classroom Project, and my students took five first places in the contest.  In past years, students have produced award-winning podcasts and multimedia projects.  Working with future artists provides a quality opportunity to fuse art with technology in many ways.

We work on mac computers running 10.4.10, equipped with built-in audio and video.  Because we are on the campus of California State University, we sometimes have problems with firewalls; however, we are usually able to find ways to work around them.

To date, I have not entered Schome Park, but I am anxious to get started.  Because we are all newbies, I beg for your patience.  We will make many mistakes, but we will learn and hope to contribute to the community.  We would like to join existing projects in Schome Park and perhaps create our own.

I would appreciate a buddy to help get acquainted. Thanks so much for this exciting opportunity.

« Last Edit: January 14, 2008, 03:23:13 AM by Noel SParker »

Offline PeterT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • PeterT's homepage in WikiWorks
Re: Introduction and Greetings from LA
« Reply #5 on: January 14, 2008, 05:54:30 AM »
Greetings to the Schome community,

I am delighted to participate in such an innovative and creative project.  I look forward to great things.

I am the technology teacher at Los Angeles County High School for the Arts.  I have been teaching for many years, but only five in the field of technology (the rest in the performing arts).

Nineteen of my students will also be participating in activities on the island.  My focus in on any new international collaborative media projects.  We have just finished creating videos for the Flat Classroom Project, and my students took five first places in the contest.  In past years, students have produced award-winning podcasts and multimedia projects.  Working with future artists provides a quality opportunity to fuse art with technology in many ways.

We work on mac computers running 10.4.10, equipped with built-in audio and video.  Because we are on the campus of California State University, we sometimes have problems with firewalls; however, we are usually able to find ways to work around them.

To date, I have not entered Schome Park, but I am anxious to get started.  Because we are all newbies, I beg for your patience.  We will make many mistakes, but we will learn and hope to contribute to the community.  We would like to join existing projects in Schome Park and perhaps create our own.

I would appreciate a buddy to help get acquainted. Thanks so much for this exciting opportunity.

Hi Noel - and welcome.

Schome Park itself is re-opening on the 22nd January - watch the following places for more info:
    Schome Park Events (which you can get to from the Schome Park Events link in the site navigation menu on the left of each wiki page)
    • Schome Park (this is the main index page for the Schome Park Project in the wiki - and has a link in the index pages menu on the left of every wiki page)
    • The Schome Park bliki - where we document developments on Schome Park

To get to the wiki use the link at the top of every forum page (right at the top)

Enjoy.

PeterT  :)

Offline Thespian Schomer

• SParkers
      • View Profile
    « Reply #6 on: January 14, 2008, 07:06:07 PM »
    Hey,it's me Thespian! I'm a sixteen year old girl, who enjoys theatre, Jane Austen Books, and Sean Penn. :D  I love reading writing novels, and singing. I am really looking forward to working on this project. I also am in need of a buddy.

Offline PeterT

• Administrator
      • View Profile
      • PeterT's homepage in WikiWorks
    « Reply #7 on: January 15, 2008, 07:00:09 AM »
    Hey,it's me Thespian! I'm a sixteen year old girl, who enjoys theatre, Jane Austen Books, and Sean Penn. :D  I love reading writing novels, and singing. I am really looking forward to working on this project. I also am in need of a buddy.

Hi Thespian - in-world acting - could link with machinima - or acting out bits of books (which is something we talked about in Phase 1 but I don't think we ever got around to doing).

And you are the second person recently who has talked about liking singing - I have high hopes that we will get Vibia to sing in Phase 3 ...

If you have thoughts about the kinds of things we ought to be doing in Schome Park then tell us about them - you can find out some of the stuff we are thinking about doing - and see when events are actually taking place from the Schome Park Events page.

PeterT

Offline Topper Schomer

• The Hawaiian Shirts
    • SP Global Moderator
      • View Profile
    « Reply #8 on: January 15, 2008, 11:04:22 AM »
    hehe peter has just given me a cunning idea....

Anyway welcome and hi thespian

Topper

Offline Spiral Schomer

• The Hawaiian Shirts
      • View Profile
    « Reply #9 on: January 15, 2008, 04:24:33 PM »
    hi Thespian, I could be your buddy.

I love drama and theatre aswell. I regularly go to the thatre, and I am taking GCSE drama & expressive arts :)

Offline Baso Schomer

• The Hawaiian Shirts
      • View Profile
      • Desfrites
    « Reply #10 on: January 15, 2008, 04:55:32 PM »
    we will have to have a tallent competition in SPiii, me you and vib can sing, we could have a speed building act, a model and .. a dance and we could all do a little drama piece :P
    !!Baso!!

Offline Explo Schomer

• SP Global Moderator
    • Nice, eh?
      • View Profile
    « Reply #11 on: January 15, 2008, 05:04:05 PM »
    Would solving the multiplication of two 2 digit numbers in less than ten seconds count as a talent. ;)
    'I am the gadfly'-or at least, I'd like to be

Question everything, including this.

Offline KitKatKid Schomer

• The Hawaiian Shirts
    • Call me Kit :D
      • View Profile
    « Reply #12 on: January 15, 2008, 05:07:00 PM »
    I suppose so Explo!
    KitKatKid Schomer    My Twitter

Offline Explo Schomer

• SP Global Moderator
    • Nice, eh?
      • View Profile
    « Reply #13 on: January 15, 2008, 05:17:15 PM »
    I'm not sure how many people would want to watch me do it, especially as it would be over a computer in which I could cheat rather easily.  :)
    'I am the gadfly'-or at least, I'd like to be

Question everything, including this.

Offline Baso Schomer

• The Hawaiian Shirts
      • View Profile
      • Desfrites
    « Reply #14 on: January 15, 2008, 05:26:36 PM »
    your correct..even in the iHUD theres  acalculator ...ie 21 x 10 = would reply 210, within a second under usual conditions...

!!Baso!!