The schome community Go to the Schome Wiki
December 07, 2019, 08:27:19 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: To register for the wiki or forum email ONE sentence explaining why you want to join the Schommunity to Peter[dot]Twining[at]newcastle[dot]edu[dot]au
(Replace [dot] with . and [at] with @)

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Managing the forum  (Read 9699 times)
PeterT
Administrator

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #30 on: January 07, 2008, 08:47:13 PM »

As far as I'm concerned it's in two - I collapsed the "Archives" category and am denying its existence. Plus, it's only about 15 pixels high when you collapse it.

This is how I have always had the archive - assumed that everyone else did too!  ;)
Amba SParker

View Profile Email
« Reply #31 on: January 07, 2008, 08:51:32 PM »

I've had most of the forum collapsed, most of the time!  lol There was too much. It looks much better now. Good work! :)
PeterT
Administrator

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #32 on: January 07, 2008, 08:55:12 PM »

Also we haven't yet done anything about the fact that in the top left hand corner of the wiki is clickable text that says 'log on to the wiki' and yet this doesn't work.  (I reported some time ago that one member of staff said this was why they had never edited the wiki - and as far as I can see they still haven't.)
Yes I know there are other ways of logging on the wiki...

This is a problem to do specifically with IE7 - it doesn't happen if you are using FireFox - and to be honest we haven't found a way to resolve it other than to provide a link to the login screen.

If anyone knows of a fix for IE7 that sorts out this problem please let us know ...

Haven't had a chance to test this yet, but there is an obvious error in the CSS that'd cause odd positioning errors on IE versions greater than six - specifically, this:

:
<!--[if gte IE 6]>
Should read this:

:
<!--[if IE 6]>
in the header.

No idea if it's causing this problem though, and it might just be badly labelled. I doubt it though.

I've passed this info on to the techy who looks after the server - hopefully he will rectify the problem.
Nice work Kathy.

PeterT
Kathy Schomer
The Hawaiian Shirts

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #33 on: January 07, 2008, 09:06:15 PM »

As far as I'm concerned it's in two - I collapsed the "Archives" category and am denying its existence. Plus, it's only about 15 pixels high when you collapse it.

This is how I have always had the archive - assumed that everyone else did too!  ;)

They aren't collapsed by default. :P

Meep.
PeterT
Administrator

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #34 on: January 07, 2008, 09:08:40 PM »

They aren't collapsed by default. :P

I'm really tempted to move all the stuff from the archives back into the other boards so that we get rid of the archive altogether - oh impetuous not to mention fickle me.  ::)
Kathy Schomer
The Hawaiian Shirts

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #35 on: January 07, 2008, 09:20:19 PM »

But then it'd be just as, if not more, confusing, because you've also archived entire boards there. :P

Meep.
PeterT
Administrator

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #36 on: January 12, 2008, 11:06:15 AM »

Once we have agreed about the governance structure and the Phase 3 activities then I will reorganise the boards a bit further so that they reflect the new governance structure and planned activities.
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: