The schome community Go to the Schome Wiki
June 06, 2020, 12:58:03 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: To register for the wiki or forum email ONE sentence explaining why you want to join the Schommunity to Peter[dot]Twining[at]newcastle[dot]edu[dot]au
(Replace [dot] with . and [at] with @)

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Poll
Question: Which names do you want Linden Labs to call the Schome Park regions?-costs in brackets                                                                                                    This poll is only for the 'official' names, as LL recognises them
Leave the region names as Schome Park and Schome Park II ($0) - 0 (0%)
Change to Schome Park I and Schome Park II ($100) - 8 (38.1%)
Change to Schome Park Alpha and Schome Park Beta ($200) - 11 (52.4%)
Leave the region names, but change parcel names-explained here ($0) - 2 (9.5%)
Total Voters: 21

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 8   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: What shall we call the new combined island?  (Read 29393 times)
Sgt. Liony
The Hawaiian Shirts

Mnyearse?

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #45 on: January 06, 2008, 02:22:23 PM »

I think t hat everyone here is agreed that the collective name for both islkands should be 'Schome Park' - am I right?
Marsbar9 Schomer
Coordinator

:-)

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #46 on: January 06, 2008, 02:26:18 PM »

Yes, the only decision to be made now is between alpha/beta or alpha/bravo.

-Mars
An¡mus
SP Global Moderator

Original Schomer

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #47 on: January 06, 2008, 02:27:21 PM »

schome park and schome park II are much simpler, easier to write and wouldn't cost a penny
Sgt. Liony
The Hawaiian Shirts

Mnyearse?

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #48 on: January 06, 2008, 02:31:04 PM »

yeah, but the others don'th ave to cost anything eitrher. To be honest, Schome Park is easier as a collective name, and then have alpha/beta (I love Greek more than NATO phonetics :P) for the separate regions/sims/islands/whatever they're calleds :P
An¡mus
SP Global Moderator

Original Schomer

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #49 on: January 06, 2008, 02:39:31 PM »

it costs to change the names of the islands
Sgt. Liony
The Hawaiian Shirts

Mnyearse?

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #50 on: January 06, 2008, 03:33:05 PM »

yah but we don't have to officially change them, just call them that anyway (like I said above). $100 is a lot to pay to cover some very small details - if it was L$100 that would be fine, but not US$100.
Marsbar9 Schomer
Coordinator

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #51 on: January 06, 2008, 03:34:56 PM »

It's only £50 approx. So not that expensive in terms of the overall project...

-Mars
Baso Schomer
The Hawaiian Shirts

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #52 on: January 06, 2008, 03:36:02 PM »

No it costs to change the sim names..thats the first bit

Theres two names on the client...first is thes im name..seocnd is the region..changing the region is free..so if we cange that and stick a "SP1- The Home Of The Schomers" thats free and even more clear
The only exception to changin this would be the already made regions, like the sandbox....we would have to change that to  "SP1 Sandbox - The Place to Build Your Stuff"

Yes..we all agree t ocalling them Schome Park Collectivly i beleave..although i owuld refer to them shorthand as Spii or SPiii

!!Baso!!
Kathy Schomer
The Hawaiian Shirts

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #53 on: January 06, 2008, 03:47:38 PM »

Baso - what are you on about?

There are region names, parcel names and estate names. The estate is the entire collection of sims, currently two. The name is irrelevant - it's largely invisible, and can't be changed no matter what (if anyone's wondering, I believe LL have called the estate "SchomePark"). A "Region" is an individual 256x256m square, which can be divided up into up to 256 "parcels".

The client's menu/status bar reads as follows:

"Region Name (PG) - Parcel Name"

The "Parcel Name" can be changed freely, without charge, as often as you like. The "Region Name" can only be changed by paying LL and waiting a bit. "(PG)" can only be changed to "(MATURE)", and only on the MG.

I assume you're suggesting changing the parcel names, although I remain confused by what you're trying to say.
« Last Edit: January 06, 2008, 03:51:36 PM by Kathy Schomer » Logged

Meep.
Marsbar9 Schomer
Coordinator

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #54 on: January 06, 2008, 03:52:52 PM »

Calm down - no need to cause a flame war as you so love to call them Kathy.

We're not all as techy as you Kathy - so not all of us will know the differences

-Mars
Baso Schomer
The Hawaiian Shirts

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #55 on: January 06, 2008, 03:53:21 PM »

ok sorry....
(runs in terror)
"Parcel" then...i think you get the idea..change the second name...

!!Baso!!
Kathy Schomer
The Hawaiian Shirts

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #56 on: January 06, 2008, 04:08:01 PM »

So are you suggesting that we should have "Schome Park (PG) - SP1 - The home of the Schomers", "Schome Park (PG) - SP1 Sandbox - The place to build stuff", etcetera?
I have no problem with that - however, "Schome Park II (PG) - SP2 - Blah" is somewhat redundant - and, of course, can be confused with SPi and SPii, which is where the discussion came from in the first place... I think.

And Mars, I have no objection with people not knowing terms, even if they are liberally sprinkled in appropriate locations throughout the client, and I've explained the difference on this forum at least once before. What I dislike is people acting as if they know things they don't.

Meep.
Baso Schomer
The Hawaiian Shirts

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #57 on: January 06, 2008, 04:17:41 PM »

are you trying to say i didnt know what i was talking about..when quite clearly i did but didnt know the correct names...for example i know how to speak french to some degree but i couldnt put the accents in the right place when writing it down....

And im only pointing uot a suggestion, to be honest im not sure people need to know which sim they are one most of the time.so long as they know were things are.... for exmaple i dont know the towns where my holiday home is bt i know were im going to... so  the SP1 bit just gives them sum idea of where hey are..then the name after that and a bit of info

Schome Park (PG) SP1 - SPTC - Schome Park's Technology Center Full of Useful Gadgets

!!Baso!!
KitKatKid Schomer
The Hawaiian Shirts

Call me Kit :D

View Profile Email
« Reply #58 on: January 06, 2008, 04:19:58 PM »

Baso do you mean like when your in the sandbox it says Schome Park (PG) - The sandbox zone.

KitKatKid Schomer    My Twitter
Baso Schomer
The Hawaiian Shirts

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #59 on: January 06, 2008, 04:26:04 PM »

yeah....change it so

Schome Park (PG) SP1 (so you know clearly which sim your in) - Sandbox (the name of the place) - The place where you can build

!!Baso!!
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 8   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: