The schome community Go to the Schome Wiki
September 27, 2020, 04:42:22 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: To register for the wiki or forum email ONE sentence explaining why you want to join the Schommunity to Peter[dot]Twining[at]newcastle[dot]edu[dot]au
(Replace [dot] with . and [at] with @)

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Access to Schome Park 2  (Read 17191 times)
PeterT
Administrator

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #45 on: December 21, 2007, 06:36:21 AM »

No - the reason we did before was because NAGTY was no longer running the project, and Schome was going to be in full control.

That is my view too - indeed the fact that you are still able to use the forum and wiki could be taken as an indication that the project is ongoing!  ;)

So not intending to ask you to do new consent forms.

PeterT
An¡mus
SP Global Moderator

Original Schomer

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #46 on: December 21, 2007, 01:16:55 PM »

:) Have you thought about using other ways to create virtual learning environments?
PeterT
Administrator

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #47 on: January 04, 2008, 11:52:16 AM »

:) Have you thought about using other ways to create virtual learning environments?

Not sure what you mean here Faz ...

A virtual learning environment is not the same thing as a virtual world (as I'm sure you realise) - in some sense I guess we have created what you might call a virtual learning environment through the combination of the wiki, forum and Second Life.

We have played with a number of other VLEs (eg Moodle) and social networking tools (eg facebook, myspace, bebo, etc) are keeping an eye on other virtual worlds as they develop ...

Is that what you meant?
An¡mus
SP Global Moderator

Original Schomer

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #48 on: January 04, 2008, 02:49:58 PM »

What if we could use instant messaging system?
KitKatKid Schomer
The Hawaiian Shirts

Call me Kit :D

View Profile Email
« Reply #49 on: January 04, 2008, 06:37:55 PM »

I too Faz, wondered about Instant messaging.

KitKatKid Schomer    My Twitter
Baso Schomer
The Hawaiian Shirts

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #50 on: January 04, 2008, 09:47:30 PM »

yes, i agree. I would much like to have like an instant messaging client on the site....it would enable us to also have meeting on it...that way more people can attend ie you dont have to have SL ..just come and log on...and free software is easy to find ..:D

!!Baso!!
Fox Phlox

View Profile Email
« Reply #51 on: January 04, 2008, 10:08:22 PM »

The Open University has its own instant messaging software, designed to support learners and free to download, so that could be a possibility.

http://openlearn.open.ac.uk/course/view.php?name=MSG

Only the stoutest arm, the bravest heart, with a magic charm and a good head start can ever outfox the Fox
PeterT
Administrator

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #52 on: January 05, 2008, 10:24:17 AM »

The Open University has its own instant messaging software, designed to support learners and free to download, so that could be a possibility.

We could explore the potential of adding MSG as a tool - the link Fox provided is for the OpenLearn specific version of MSG - there is a vanilla version which we could use and perhaps integrate with the wiki and forum.

I will pursue this - but do nag me about it ...
An¡mus
SP Global Moderator

Original Schomer

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #53 on: January 05, 2008, 12:08:29 PM »

We could explore the potential of adding MSG as a tool - the link Fox provided is for the OpenLearn specific version of MSG - there is a vanilla version which we could use and perhaps integrate with the wiki and forum.

I will pursue this - but do nag me about it ...

Thanks, it would almost be a certain way of getting folk who lie dorment on the forums feeling more a part of the community.
PeterT
Administrator

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #54 on: January 05, 2008, 06:58:37 PM »

You can edit your MSG Account Information at any time. We reserve the right to send you certain communications relating to the MSG service, such as service announcements, administrative messages that are considered part of your MSG account, without offering you the opportunity to opt-out of receiving them.

Is that even legal? I thought you had to provide an opt-out for everything now. Or is that just in the US? >.>

I guess the opt out is not to sign up for the MSG service - if you do sign up then they reserve the right to send you info about the MSG service and changes to it. But who knows?
Fox Phlox

View Profile Email
« Reply #55 on: January 05, 2008, 07:29:28 PM »

I know my phone sends me a fair amount of pointless messages without any obvious way of opting out (maybe I just need to look harder, but I'm generally good about opting out where possible).

Only the stoutest arm, the bravest heart, with a magic charm and a good head start can ever outfox the Fox
Decimus Schomer
The Hawaiian Shirts

View Profile Email
« Reply #56 on: January 05, 2008, 09:58:03 PM »

I know my phone sends me a fair amount of pointless messages without any obvious way of opting out (maybe I just need to look harder, but I'm generally good about opting out where possible).
Mine does that too.

The strange thing about my phone is that, when I went to Belgium, the only texts my phone actually got were ones from Orange, even though my parents texted me several times...
... Then, a couple of days after we got back, my phone got the others :P
PeterT
Administrator

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #57 on: January 06, 2008, 08:41:15 AM »

As part of the new regime in Phase 3 of the project we need to become much better maintaining the focus of each topic ...

So here I am testing that out ... Could I suggest we refocus this topic on Access to Schome Park 2 (oh boy - having just been responding re the naming of the islands I am wondering what on earth Schome Park 2 is - and now I'm thinking that perhaps this topic ought to get archived rather than refocussed - this moderation thing is complex!)

PeterT  ;)
An¡mus
SP Global Moderator

Original Schomer

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #58 on: January 06, 2008, 02:24:16 PM »

I can modify again, oh joy! :)

Thanks, I guess, although your last post isn't exactly promoting the glorious prospects of being a moderator lol
PeterT
Administrator

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #59 on: January 07, 2008, 07:19:43 AM »

Thanks, I guess, although your last post isn't exactly promoting the glorious prospects of being a moderator lol

Far from it - we means all of us - and I am certainly wanting to maintain (and even extend) the use of student moderators.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: