The schome community Go to the Schome Wiki
November 19, 2019, 01:54:36 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: To register for the wiki or forum email ONE sentence explaining why you want to join the Schommunity to Peter[dot]Twining[at]newcastle[dot]edu[dot]au
(Replace [dot] with . and [at] with @)

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Another look at the strands?  (Read 33225 times)
PeterT
Administrator

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #105 on: January 16, 2008, 07:35:41 PM »

I think that an orchestra is a great idea - we have some instruments from the Main Grid (as Fox pointed out) and I think that Elsa's comment about interactive sculptures was to do with sound sculptures. May be difficult to do the new instruments - but heck it would be great if we could get it to work - and we have some instruments to start us off already ...   8)

Brilliant idea - and it could so tie in with the Schome Radio thingy ...
Miss. Vibia
The Hawaiian Shirts

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #106 on: January 16, 2008, 08:35:57 PM »

Although that it Base FM, it is now schomeTECH!  ;)

We could be heroes just for one day.
Rowan
SP core

View Profile Email
« Reply #107 on: January 17, 2008, 01:20:24 PM »

How about a 'book club'?  I am not at all sure if that is the right name, it probably isn't in that I don't mean we all decide to read the same book and discuss it which is what a book club usually seems to be.  Maybe 'books - reading and creative writing' would be better.  What I am suggesting and would be very willing to coordinate - or support or participate - would be a strand combining some of the following:

- creative writing (some brilliant stuff has happened in the past but we can make a new start - Schoems [short poems about schome a terrific innovation we could have another go at)
- multimedia authoring (not treading on toes of machinima etc but rather to do with making pictures and describing events for the http://schome.open.ac.uk/wikiworks/index.php/The_Schome_Park_bliki- some of which could be let's say 'fictionalised' - slight fantasy or totally outrageous (as long as fun, non-offensive and within the acceptable use policy).
- taking part in & just discussing things people do with books - OK read, talk about them even study them in English lessons - &  also the social online/offline ways of networking around books - sharing free books such as the BookCrossing scheme.

If there are any positive responses at all I will schedule an event or two in the calendar.  Obviously I would need some help - if it's OK if I start coordinating - or happy to support others.  I have found the forum hard to keep up with (although much easier since a big archive job was done a while ago thanks Fox and everyone who did that) so on the other hand if this suggestion is very much like another elsewhere do point me to it.

Rowan

PS Can someone tell me what I am doing wrong with the link I feel very stupid  :-\ as I have done this loads of times OK before

Rowan SParker
Fox Phlox

View Profile Email
« Reply #108 on: January 17, 2008, 02:07:16 PM »

This might tie in with the literature discussion which went on some time ago
http://schome.open.ac.uk/forum/index.php?topic=1121.0

Only the stoutest arm, the bravest heart, with a magic charm and a good head start can ever outfox the Fox
PeterT
Administrator

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #109 on: January 17, 2008, 03:08:45 PM »

How about a 'book club'?  I am not at all sure if that is the right name, it probably isn't in that I don't mean we all decide to read the same book and discuss it which is what a book club usually seems to be.  Maybe 'books - reading and creative writing' would be better.  What I am suggesting and would be very willing to coordinate - or support or participate - would be a strand combining some of the following:

- creative writing (some brilliant stuff has happened in the past but we can make a new start - Schoems [short poems about schome a terrific innovation we could have another go at)
- multimedia authoring (not treading on toes of machinima etc but rather to do with making pictures and describing events for the http://schome.open.ac.uk/wikiworks/index.php/The_Schome_Park_bliki- some of which could be let's say 'fictionalised' - slight fantasy or totally outrageous (as long as fun, non-offensive and within the acceptable use policy).
- taking part in & just discussing things people do with books - OK read, talk about them even study them in English lessons - &  also the social online/offline ways of networking around books - sharing free books such as the BookCrossing scheme.

If there are any positive responses at all I will schedule an event or two in the calendar.  Obviously I would need some help - if it's OK if I start coordinating - or happy to support others.  I have found the forum hard to keep up with (although much easier since a big archive job was done a while ago thanks Fox and everyone who did that) so on the other hand if this suggestion is very much like another elsewhere do point me to it.

Rowan

PS Can someone tell me what I am doing wrong with the link I feel very stupid  :-\ as I have done this loads of times OK before

As Fox says this fits well with things others have suggested - we had a creative writing building in SPi and at the last staff meeting the idea of a creative writing group was suggested (I think) - and we have a poetry discussion somewhere in here - and there is all the stuff to do with writing scripts for machinima ...

I'd certainly be up for you to coordinate this (which wouldn't preclude anyone else getting involved and helping to run it too) - and a good way to start would be to have some intitial events and see how they develop.

There is info here on how to put a hot link into a forum message - it isn't obvious!

PeterT  8)
An¡mus
SP Global Moderator

Original Schomer

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #110 on: January 17, 2008, 03:51:51 PM »

Although that it Base FM, it is now schomeTECH!  ;)

I guess it would be a little confusing calling it SchomeBase lol
RoughBounds
SP team

View Profile Email
« Reply #111 on: January 28, 2008, 11:29:19 AM »

book group sounds interesting, perhaps we should start a what are you reading thread to complement what are you listening to
Topper Schomer
The Hawaiian Shirts
SP Global Moderator

View Profile Email
« Reply #112 on: January 28, 2008, 01:52:15 PM »

we tried in the SNP progect but failed miserably

Topper
Baso Schomer
The Hawaiian Shirts

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #113 on: January 28, 2008, 02:39:44 PM »

SNP..im not familiar with that term

!!Baso!!
KitKatKid Schomer
The Hawaiian Shirts

Call me Kit :D

View Profile Email
« Reply #114 on: January 28, 2008, 04:02:48 PM »

Schome-Nagty Pilot I think?

Either that or Scottish National Party :P

KitKatKid Schomer    My Twitter
Decimus Schomer
The Hawaiian Shirts

View Profile Email
« Reply #115 on: January 28, 2008, 04:50:37 PM »

Either that or Scottish National Party :P
Boo! :P

Still, the worst is the *B*NP - there's a reason they're nicknamed the 'British Nazi Party' :P
Miss. Vibia
The Hawaiian Shirts

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #116 on: January 28, 2008, 08:26:23 PM »

I like the idea of a book club thing....

Rowan
SP core

View Profile Email
« Reply #117 on: January 29, 2008, 10:23:47 AM »

Great Vibia can you manage one of these by any chance?
http://schome.open.ac.uk/wikiworks/index.php/Books

Rowan SParker
RoughBounds
SP team

View Profile Email
« Reply #118 on: January 29, 2008, 02:56:30 PM »

I have started a what are you reading thread similar to what are you listening thread in the chat area

http://schome.open.ac.uk/forum/index.php?topic=2053.msg42034#msg42034

Need to check whether I can make book group meeting, did any see the series on CH4 sometime back
Miss. Vibia
The Hawaiian Shirts

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #119 on: January 29, 2008, 06:33:04 PM »

Should be able to make it... have signed up- hopefully can- have parent evening that night and I haven't been asked to help so I should be there!  ;)

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: