The schome community Go to the Schome Wiki
June 03, 2020, 05:02:53 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: To register for the wiki or forum email ONE sentence explaining why you want to join the Schommunity to Peter[dot]Twining[at]newcastle[dot]edu[dot]au
(Replace [dot] with . and [at] with @)

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 9   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Plans for design and management of Schome Park in Phase 3  (Read 25660 times)
An¡mus
SP Global Moderator

Original Schomer

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #45 on: January 06, 2008, 02:16:35 PM »

I would like to point out that a constructive criticism is an oppertunity to learn ;)
An¡mus
SP Global Moderator

Original Schomer

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #46 on: January 06, 2008, 02:18:38 PM »

:o :o oh wow my moderation powers are fixed

*little dance of joy*

Thanks Dr.Twining lol
Sgt. Liony
The Hawaiian Shirts

Mnyearse?

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #47 on: January 06, 2008, 02:21:07 PM »

Aaaanyhoo :P I agree with whoever said that we should have the original scho-op back again :P Perhaps somewhere near Scholympia (where the old sandbox was, perhaps?) or near the new sandbox?
Marsbar9 Schomer
Coordinator

:-)

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #48 on: January 06, 2008, 03:57:56 PM »

If we were to delete everything on SchomePark (original sim) then we'd be losing a lot of builds that can't be linked and lept in one piece.

However, if we were to delete everything and start from scratch, how would we go about it. This is our chance to say what we want, we could collaborate on a design, and ask someone with access to developer to create it for us.

-Mars
Baso Schomer
The Hawaiian Shirts

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #49 on: January 06, 2008, 04:21:36 PM »

How do you make a town a town?
You have town meetings, decide what you want...decide a suitable place to put it, get an architect to design it, then get someone who can build it to build it. Simple ;)

Btw...just get people who want to back up stuff to back them up....faz and i have backed up SPTC already for example

!!Baso!!
Marsbar9 Schomer
Coordinator

:-)

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #50 on: January 06, 2008, 04:22:39 PM »

It's when it comes to larger builds though.... why I'm going on I don't know, as far as I can remember I only have one build... :P

-Mars
Baso Schomer
The Hawaiian Shirts

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #51 on: January 06, 2008, 04:32:06 PM »

welll...it inspires us more really when they will be gone..will be creative and want to make a new one...

Ok a suggestion.

We make a board called
Developement Of Schome Park
then some child boards- one for each thing we think we should have...and in those child boards we put ideas, like one thread for design, another for stuff to put in, another for events happening there etc....

The FirstCHild Board Would Be A Poll Of Things to put into our SP1, Like the media hub that we agreed on, the BandPP office, the SS/Scho-Op

!!Baso!!
Explo Schomer
SP Global Moderator

Nice, eh?

View Profile Email
« Reply #52 on: January 06, 2008, 05:33:16 PM »

I know this debate doesn't particularly fit into this topic, but it could be squeezed in, so ach well. I'd say that rather than agreeing for a certain build to be built by a certain person, we agree on a design, and then anybody, literally anybody who wants to, can edit parts of it or add new bits. Although this is technically the case already, it needs to be emphasised.

'I am the gadfly'-or at least, I'd like to be

Question everything, including this.
Baso Schomer
The Hawaiian Shirts

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #53 on: January 06, 2008, 06:00:09 PM »

definatly...so anyone can build it..add bits but stick to the design unless discussed otherwise..love it..

!!Baso!!
Sgt. Liony
The Hawaiian Shirts

Mnyearse?

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #54 on: January 06, 2008, 06:13:12 PM »

Meh. I just wanted to put my castle somewhere :P
An¡mus
SP Global Moderator

Original Schomer

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #55 on: January 06, 2008, 10:28:23 PM »

I don't think bits should be added at random by anybody or it would look a total mess. If people feel the need to add parts to a building I think there should be a poll or discussion.
Me and mars are going to rebuild the classic scho-op in the case that schome park gets nuked, with second steps being the first floor. We've worked it out so it'll be round about an equal build so fingers crossed there shouldn't be any arguments at all.
Explo Schomer
SP Global Moderator

Nice, eh?

View Profile Email
« Reply #56 on: January 06, 2008, 11:22:27 PM »

I don't think bits should be added at random by anybody or it would look a total mess. If people feel the need to add parts to a building I think there should be a poll or discussion.

They would not be added at random-the idea is to decide on a design, and then people build based upon that design. Surely, everyone can give just as good a contribution to the build, and the ideas of lots of people trump by far the ideas of one alone. Recently, building has become the domain of too few people, and collaborative building is preferable by far. As an example, perhaps, look at wikis-each person can bring their own strengths to a build.

'I am the gadfly'-or at least, I'd like to be

Question everything, including this.
PeterT
Administrator

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #57 on: January 07, 2008, 07:29:53 AM »

Why not wait and see what is on Schome Park Beta (SPII?!) and then we will be in a much better position to make decisions about SP Alpha (SPI?!).

We also need to bear in mind that the SEGfL folk have set up a treasure hunt thingy to help introduce their new folk to the island and any major changes to the island probably need to wait till after their new folk have arrived (otherwise the whole treasure hunt thingy will have to be redone!).

So no rush - I'm much more interested in the process (how we are going to make decisions, what (if any) planning controls will be in place, who will we ensure new folk (or even folk who have been around for a long time but not been very active) will become more involved (move from the periphery to the centre metaphorically speaking), what strands of activity we are going to develop as being core parts of what goes on each week/month, etc). Until we have made these decisions about systems it is too early to think about specifics like what a particular build should be like or where it should go (IMHO).
PeterT
Administrator

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #58 on: January 08, 2008, 07:23:32 AM »

Some potentially radical thoughts ...

What would happen if
  • students were given the power to teraform on SPalpha?
  • we did away with planning permission and moved to a system based on monitoring usage levels of builds and when we reach a prim count of 12,000 we removed the build that had been used least in the previous x days/weeks?
  • we had a major project in Phase 3 focussed around the total re-design of SPalpha?
  • we divided SPalpha up into 10 parcels and groups of students could 'bid' to have control of one or more parcels linked with a specific project they wanted to do?

PeterT
PS I have broken one of my golden rules of forum discussions - which is that you should only ever put one key idea in each message. I guess that puts the onus on folk who are responding to a bit of this to make it very clear which bit they are responding to ...
« Last Edit: January 08, 2008, 07:27:42 AM by PeterT » Logged
Baso Schomer
The Hawaiian Shirts

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #59 on: January 08, 2008, 09:08:42 AM »

petert, i can tell you dont like the new name..(oh how i hate polls)

!!Baso!!
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 9   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: