The schome community Go to the Schome Wiki
December 13, 2019, 10:09:14 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: To register for the wiki or forum email ONE sentence explaining why you want to join the Schommunity to Peter[dot]Twining[at]newcastle[dot]edu[dot]au
(Replace [dot] with . and [at] with @)

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: How well has the planning system worked?  (Read 9426 times)
Baso Schomer
The Hawaiian Shirts

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #30 on: December 12, 2007, 01:05:27 PM »

the reason skybase got its reputation was that it made itself an example of how many prim people can use if not monitored (I still shudder when people say 1k prims)
the servers may of taken up 1 prim-but I somewhat doubt multipurpose with a single prim does not require tons of scripts each crippling the area

spii is far too laggy as it is

(not a criticism btw but more stating reasons)

So..one prim coverig a ten by ten area for lag...put it high up...so nobody goes neer unless they must....then the rest of the two islnds to roam free.its a fool proof thing to do....

!!Baso!!
Topper Schomer
The Hawaiian Shirts
SP Global Moderator

View Profile Email
« Reply #31 on: December 12, 2007, 01:09:31 PM »

Also helps explain why getting folk to think in terms of 'just in time builds' (ones you keep in your inventory and get out when you need them) has been so strongly resisted.

At present the prims involved mean i have a that sort of build for the marina.

Topper
Baso Schomer
The Hawaiian Shirts

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #32 on: December 12, 2007, 01:10:57 PM »

chill man..im working on a texture..howeer the marina is pretty low prim...stick it on a temp rezzer ....ten its 1 prim plus your vendors...

!!Baso!!
Topper Schomer
The Hawaiian Shirts
SP Global Moderator

View Profile Email
« Reply #33 on: December 12, 2007, 05:00:25 PM »

I'm planning on incopreraring it into the new look marina area...

Topper
An¡mus
SP Global Moderator

Original Schomer

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #34 on: December 12, 2007, 05:11:35 PM »

thats very true...and yes in most builds..you halve t look for inspiration, then a theme, then the practicality, then the interoior design, then the placement, then the audience range, then the sl sim lagment features, then sl abilties and physics, then comparison, then fitting it in, then the impact, then beta prim testing...

I found this list fascinating and impressive - must admit (as someone who really doesn't build anything much at all) I had not realised that it involved so many different facets ...

..theres much more that goes into my builds, problem is, it takes time to build something, wether it be emotiions toward somebody, an object, a building, a rule, and most of the time, people bypass that......hence why i, like many others detest it when you get told to take your child apart, or hurry up, or replace it, simplty because all of these things take time, i really want to teach this to people,  awareness of impact aand structure of buildings is nearly always missed when really, its what makes a builder their build..

This really struck me - I'd never thought of building as the development of a relationship (emotions toward somebody) or community norms (a rule). A really interesting observation - puts building in a whole new light for me.  8)

Also helps explain why getting folk to think in terms of 'just in time builds' (ones you keep in your inventory and get out when you need them) has been so strongly resisted.

I find building planning comes far more naturally to me. I will think of a purpose and then look at the landscape. I picture what I want, and just start building it. Some of the time I will then delete everything and start again, making everything twice as good as before. I don't plan for ages in advance and find inspiration comes very quickly.

If I get told to 'take my child apart', then I will try and help the builder who is replacing my build to make his or her's the best replacement possible, I find this helps.
Baso Schomer
The Hawaiian Shirts

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #35 on: December 13, 2007, 01:04:04 PM »

aye..except none of my builds get replaced.....

Building is pretty natural to me...but when your working on a deadine and for a  client other thn your firends or self....i find the planning way much much better....

!!Baso!!
Explo Schomer
SP Global Moderator

Nice, eh?

View Profile Email
« Reply #36 on: December 13, 2007, 04:52:54 PM »

Baso, it would be helpful if you reword your statement-it does seem to be 'sniping' to use a bad expression.

'I am the gadfly'-or at least, I'd like to be

Question everything, including this.
Fox Phlox

View Profile Email
« Reply #37 on: December 13, 2007, 04:58:21 PM »

I reckon that's legitimate criticism, which is relevant to this thread.

I think Baso has been very positive in this thread, though I know he does have criticisms of our current building policy.

Only the stoutest arm, the bravest heart, with a magic charm and a good head start can ever outfox the Fox
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: