Author Topic: What have we done so far?  (Read 8251 times)

Offline PeterT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • PeterT's homepage in WikiWorks
What have we done so far?
« on: November 23, 2007, 04:00:44 PM »
One of the things I want to do in the report for Becta is provide an overview of what happened from when we opened SPii (in June) and now ... a kind of chronological account ...

I then want to pick out some example activities to write up as mini-case studies - so looking in much more detail at what they involved, who did what, what were the outcomes (if any), what (if anything) did anyone learn from their involvement, what would we do differently next time, etc..

I am going to use the Schome Park Events archive and the SPii bliki as the things that tells me what has happened on Schome Park since it was reopened on the 15th June. Now I know that there are huge gaps - so it would help a lot if you could help to fill them by adding in information to the SPii bliki about things that happened on Schome Park (ideally with snapshots and as much detail as possible ...)

If you organised an activity and think it would make a good case study then please respond to this post - and tell us about the activity ...

Offline Marsbar9 Schomer

• Coordinator
  • :-)
    • View Profile
    • Homepage
Re: What have we done so far?
« Reply #1 on: November 23, 2007, 05:51:18 PM »
One of the things I want to do in the report for Becta is provide an overview of what happened from when we opened SPii (in June) and now ... a kind of chronological account ...

I then want to pick out some example activities to write up as mini-case studies - so looking in much more detail at what they involved, who did what, what were the outcomes (if any), what (if anything) did anyone learn from their involvement, what would we do differently next time, etc..

I am going to use the Schome Park Events archive and the SPii bliki as the things that tells me what has happened on Schome Park since it was reopened on the 15th June. Now I know that there are huge gaps - so it would help a lot if you could help to fill them by adding in information to the SPii bliki about things that happened on Schome Park (ideally with snapshots and as much detail as possible ...)

If you organised an activity and think it would make a good case study then please respond to this post - and tell us about the activity ...

I've really tried to update it lately, and the events that have happened this week seem to have been covered well by a variety of people :)
-Mars

Offline Miss. Vibia

• The Hawaiian Shirts
    • View Profile
    • Schome user page
« Reply #2 on: November 23, 2007, 08:05:15 PM »
I organised the German Session which went really well... we had people who both are learning German at different levels and people who don't even learnt it. It was good fun... even if it was all complely random with Faz jumping in at random interluded to tell us he liked sausage windows or something veeeerry similar!  :D
We could be heroes just for one day.

Offline Jpskater777 Schomer

• The Hawaiian Shirts
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 23, 2007, 10:59:09 PM »
oh instead of a german session we should have a french one  :P
i know french and would like to learn some more thats if we have some french speakers
-Jpskater777

Offline Ahoy SParker

• SP team
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 24, 2007, 09:35:41 AM »
Well- have not started yet - but when we do we have some ideas for e.g.

1) A scavenger hunt for our students to learn the ropes and collaborate together (not very original)
2) A book club with invited guest authors
3) Students creating, acting and directing a weekly soap - we may have a film studio and have a contact of a director (I think) of a famous TV soap

Just some ramblings I had...

Offline PeterT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • PeterT's homepage in WikiWorks
« Reply #5 on: November 24, 2007, 10:37:27 AM »
Can I get us to refocus in this topic please - it is about things that we have done so far - if you want to talk about things you would like to do and/or are planning to do then please do that in the Projects areas (if it is a long term project) or the Events coordination (if it is a one-off event).

Thanks.   :)

PeterT

Offline KitKatKid Schomer

• The Hawaiian Shirts
  • Call me Kit :D
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 24, 2007, 10:48:55 AM »
A very successful regatta.

The TeachersTV filming
KitKatKid Schomer    My Twitter

Offline Explo Schomer

• SP Global Moderator
  • Nice, eh?
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 24, 2007, 11:16:28 AM »
Well, we planned for the giant snail/sandworm race, but we never got the script for the worm sorted (probably my fault mostly-I just don't know why the scripts wouldn't work).
'I am the gadfly'-or at least, I'd like to be

Question everything, including this.

Offline Marko Schomer

• The Hawaiian Shirts
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 24, 2007, 11:40:59 AM »
I think a lot of the physics stuff worked well. Those of us doing physics had been in SL for long enough to know how to build and script effectively, so we could develop what we were doing to a higher level- balances are useful, but limited in applications.

Offline Decimus Schomer

• The Hawaiian Shirts
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 24, 2007, 01:55:24 PM »
balances are useful, but limited in applications.
That reminds me of the 'scales' I hacked up in about a minute - basically, it measures the mass of anything you drop onto it, while keeping a list of recently-massed objects so that it doesn't say the mass of stuff loads of times.

Offline Miss. Vibia

• The Hawaiian Shirts
    • View Profile
    • Schome user page
« Reply #10 on: November 24, 2007, 05:28:06 PM »
Well, we've hade the machinema going on which seems to have been *rather* successful!  :D

Offline Fox Phlox

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 24, 2007, 07:25:17 PM »
I've been taking a look at the regatta chat logs. I think the regatta is an interesting case study, with lots of examples of knowledge age skills being developed and exhibited.
Only the stoutest arm, the bravest heart, with a magic charm and a good head start can ever outfox the Fox

Offline Baso Schomer

• The Hawaiian Shirts
    • View Profile
    • Desfrites
« Reply #12 on: November 25, 2007, 10:20:25 AM »
ok..we havent  developed much...in the meeting stges..but weve learned ow to work more following the rules and aware of  other people......we've also managed to start up a decent technologie center to rival some of the best on the many grids..;D
!!Baso!!

Offline Marsbar9 Schomer

• Coordinator
  • :-)
    • View Profile
    • Homepage
« Reply #13 on: November 25, 2007, 10:22:13 AM »
Well in the end we've achieved our goal: to improve our Knowledge Age Skills even more. We've still got a lot more learning to do, because you can never be perfect, but I think Schome Park has given us a better chance at doing this than we'd have had had we not joined.
-Mars

Offline Miss. Vibia

• The Hawaiian Shirts
    • View Profile
    • Schome user page
« Reply #14 on: November 25, 2007, 11:01:55 AM »
Well, personally I think Schome has stretched my knowledge far more than school as there are more people 'like me'. We are all interested in what we do, esp with the educational stuff and I think it has helped with my knowledge. School for me at the moment is focusing on my exams rather than learning so coming on Schome has helped with my learning rather than revising for my y11 exams. I think that if I hadn't joined in with wither SPi or SPii I would have really missed out on an amazing opportunity!  8)