Author Topic: Kerry signing in  (Read 2146 times)

Offline Kerry

• View Profile
Kerry signing in
« on: September 22, 2006, 11:16:06 AM »
Hi everyone - Kerry here - I'm another Aspire Pilot bod.  My interest in futures education stems from my background in dance.  Spent time working in various roles in dance education, getting frustrated by the fact that areas of education that are close to my heart (particularly notions of embodiment + the idea of educating the whole person, rather than the numeracy/literacy robots) seem to be way down the current agenda.  Keen to promote imaginative thinking about turning the current system on its head.  
Looking forward to talking to you all.
Cheers
Kerry

Offline Bee

• View Profile
Re: Kerry signing in
« Reply #1 on: October 10, 2006, 01:12:56 PM »
Hi Kerry,
I share your views of a holistic approach to education and would be very much interested in brainstorming more about imaginative thinking and dancing!

Offline michael

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 15, 2006, 06:36:38 PM »
hi nice to meet you. ;)

Offline Kerry

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 25, 2006, 09:31:16 AM »
Bee wrote - I share your views of a holistic approach to education and would be very much interested in brainstorming more about imaginative thinking and dancing!

Well Bee - I've just finished my PhD looking at creativity in primary level dance education so I could brainstorm for hours about it.  I'm particularly interested in the collaborative and communal approach to creativity that dance and other performing art forms bring to education and how others might learn from the approaches therein - not just in an instrumental way, ie dance used in the curriculum for other ends, but working in dance as an embodied, collaborative, communal way of understanding that slightly pushes against more individualised approaches to creativity that are around.  Lots of work to do to shift the balance I think!