Author Topic: Teacher's TV filming in Schome Park on Monday 19th November at 7.30pm  (Read 25615 times)

Offline Amba SParker

• View Profile
Re: Teacher's TV filming in Schome Park on Monday 19th November at 7.30pm
« Reply #75 on: November 20, 2007, 07:16:01 AM »
What about those who did not get interviewed as well as those whose interviews were interrupted or perhaps did not go as smoothly as they had hoped adding their thoughts to a wiki page - something like "What I would have liked to have said"?

I was not in-world, and I know TV people edit things a lot. I'd love to hear what people would ideally have liked to have been asked and how they would have answered. What do you think?

Offline PeterT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • PeterT's homepage in WikiWorks
« Reply #76 on: November 20, 2007, 07:27:23 AM »
What about those who did not get interviewed as well as those whose interviews were interrupted or perhaps did not go as smoothly as they had hoped adding their thoughts to a wiki page - something like "What I would have liked to have said"?

I was not in-world, and I know TV people edit things a lot. I'd love to hear what people would ideally have liked to have been asked and how they would have answered. What do you think?

I think that is a great idea ... How about adding your thoughts to the bottom of the Sign up page - I've put in heading near the bottom of the page which say 'Things I would like to have said' & 'Things I wouldn't have said on camera but would like to share with people'

PeterT   :)

NOTE - I modified this message to reflect the new headings I created on the sign up page ...
« Last Edit: November 20, 2007, 07:37:16 AM by PeterT »

Offline Fox Phlox

• View Profile
« Reply #77 on: November 20, 2007, 09:23:37 AM »
Sounds to me like we have two areas of work and discussion to go forward.

One is the issues, such as useability of the forum, which came out of the discussion.

The second is how we manage interviews like that in the future. I did a course once on how to be interviewed on tv. It's faded in my mind now, but I remember there was lots of stuff which didn't seem very important to us which was very important to the tv crew. There's one colour of shirt you can't wear on tv, for example, and you shouldn't wear clothes with thin stripes, and you should think carefully about your background, and you should look at the camera, not the interviewer etc etc

Being interviewed in Second Life is a fairly new thing and we are discovering the rules as we go along. This might be something that our media and machinima strands could look at. I know on the web you can find videos that the BBC has made in Second Life - it might be worthwhile our looking at one or two of those and discussing what works and what doesn't.
Only the stoutest arm, the bravest heart, with a magic charm and a good head start can ever outfox the Fox

Offline Euphloozie Phlox

• Euphloozie Phlox
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: November 20, 2007, 11:09:34 AM »
Good points Fox,

Like Amba, I decided not to go inworld when I saw that we had enough people signed up and so missed out on what went on. When I held the young researcher's workshop we covered interviewing in SL through PM (personal messaging), with multiple chat and PM windows open at the same time. The focus was on the content which, at that time, was to elicit details about how Sparkers felt the environment was helping their development of knowledge age skills. I think that using PM as opposed to open chat makes it easier to conduct  one to one or one to several interviews. As pointed out in this thread, if you're using the main chat window then it is very likely that others will arrive and disrupt the flow without meaning to.

There is also the possibility that for interviewing purposes, the voice channel might prove useful. It's probably worth exploring provided we can devise some method of recording the results.

How about an Interviewing workshop, where we all bring our ideas and try them out? Peter can be the first guinea pig  :P

Offline Fox Phlox

• View Profile
« Reply #79 on: November 20, 2007, 12:07:35 PM »
No offense but your interview skills aren't great..
To me, this is a comment which could be hurtful but which doesn't help us to move on.
Which problems with the interview did you identify? What went wrong that we can improve on next time?
If we identify the problems, we can work together on the solutions.
With a bit of work, by the time we make it on to the News at Ten, we'll be the world experts on in-world interviews.
Only the stoutest arm, the bravest heart, with a magic charm and a good head start can ever outfox the Fox

Offline Topper Schomer

• The Hawaiian Shirts
  • SP Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: November 20, 2007, 07:21:36 PM »
the rgatta never happened as there wernet enough people to have it runningcontinualy there wasent a timeer and I only had about aa hour before I had to go so all factorscombinded it was no wonder the regatta wasent shown. :)

Topper

Offline Marsbar9 Schomer

• Coordinator
  • :-)
    • View Profile
    • Homepage
« Reply #81 on: November 20, 2007, 07:34:29 PM »
It's a shame - it wasn't how I expected it either. Nobody I spoke to had seen you Peter (granted there were problems on all of our ends, what with lag and/or crashing) and no one had a clue as to what they were supposed to be doing. I have lots of pictures of the event - it wasn't very formal for me, it was more of a fun get together, lol.

There are things we need to address, and no doubt they'll be done.

Was fun though, got some awesome pics, and the parachute dive - well, words don't describe the sight of 15 people falling lol.

PS: I didn't get interviewed either :P
-Mars

Offline PeterT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: November 21, 2007, 07:40:46 AM »
the rgatta never happened as there wernet enough people to have it runningcontinualy there wasent a timeer and I only had about aa hour before I had to go so all factorscombinded it was no wonder the regatta wasent shown. :)

Topper

But it was shown - I spent ages following people around in boats and/or hitching a ride ...

So all was not lost  :)

PeterT

Offline PeterT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: November 21, 2007, 07:50:33 AM »
It's a shame - it wasn't how I expected it either. Nobody I spoke to had seen you Peter (granted there were problems on all of our ends, what with lag and/or crashing) and no one had a clue as to what they were supposed to be doing. I have lots of pictures of the event - it wasn't very formal for me, it was more of a fun get together, lol.

There are things we need to address, and no doubt they'll be done.

Was fun though, got some awesome pics, and the parachute dive - well, words don't describe the sight of 15 people falling lol.

PS: I didn't get interviewed either :P

Can you get the pictures put on on the SPii bliki?

I didn't get to see anyone falling in the parachute jump - my computer totally froze - couldn't even exit from SL - then when eventually I managed to kill everything I couldn't log back into SL - eventually when I did get back in I was suspended in mid air for 10 minutes in my parachute (which I couldn't remove/detach/delete/return). Eventually used the Map to TP myself somewhere - and parachute shut (and I detached it).  Frustrating - but I guess showed some of the limitations of SL!  ::)

We did get good footage though - of people racing around in boats, of folk on the physics platform doing stuff with balances, in the sandbox (where we captured an incident that highlighted some issues we need to address re how the established folk treat newer folk! - more on that in a separate topic I suspect), talked with various people informally, then spent a while in the garden with a large crowd of people - lots of interesting discussion and two or three interviews of sorts (including via IM).

So whilst a bit chaotic and not according to plan (and some folk got left out) the film crew went away happy - and I learnt some things about how I would do things differently next time! (I'll jump off the parachute platform before everyone else!  ;) )

PeterT  :)

Offline Rowan

• SP core
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: November 21, 2007, 06:50:30 PM »
I missed it all as I was on my way to a music concert for which we have had tickets for 6 months (Christy Moore).  I would love it if some of the pix referred to could appear on the SPii bliki please.   Pleeease? ::)
Rowan SParker

Offline Baso Schomer

• The Hawaiian Shirts
    • View Profile
    • Desfrites
« Reply #85 on: November 21, 2007, 07:26:15 PM »
so this is what happen if your not on the fora for a few  days???
!!Baso!!

Offline An¡mus

• SP Global Moderator
  • Original Schomer
    • View Profile
    • Faz's Wiki user page
« Reply #86 on: November 21, 2007, 10:54:24 PM »

Well erm.. yes. lol

Offline Topper Schomer

• The Hawaiian Shirts
  • SP Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: November 11, 2008, 03:49:56 PM »
Anyone know where i ca find a link for the finsihed program, its round here somewere....

Topper

Offline PeterT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: November 11, 2008, 05:12:51 PM »
Anyone know where i ca find a link for the finsihed program, its round here somewere....

Topper

Try on the Schome in the media page

Offline Topper Schomer

• The Hawaiian Shirts
  • SP Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: November 11, 2008, 06:09:06 PM »
Thanks, going to use it in my presentaion i think

Topper