Author Topic: Teacher's TV filming in Schome Park on Monday 19th November at 7.30pm  (Read 25618 times)

Offline PeterT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • PeterT's homepage in WikiWorks
This is to alert you to the fact that we will have a film crew capturing what we are doing in Schome Park on Monday the 19th November from about 7.30pm (GMT) onwards. The camera will be following TheSchome Ranger around (they are filming the computer screen so will be able to see whatever I can see).

We hope to have a number of things going on for them to film. The list of things we would like to have looks something like this:

• Regatta - ideally this would be organised by Topper but he may not be available between now and Monday - so if someone else (Achilles?) could help organise this that would be great. We will need folk to race too!
  • Would have liked to do something on Topper's work on a train powered by the Schome Strange Force - but as Topper isn't around that probably isn't a runner - so maybe Faz, Marko or Explo could do something around investigating the physics of Schome Park?
  • Yankee's club will be in from 8pm to 9pm - not sure what their focus is going to be but presumably enhancing some aspect of their in-world skills perhaps linked with the skateboard park idea  ??? Might be that they would appreciate help with building and scripting skills (Mars, Decimus, Baso, + ??)
  • Would be good to do something about machinima - Pigment thinks she may have the Hindenberg machinima ready by then - wondering about whether we could have some folk making machinima and then if the Hindenberg one is ready we could show them that on U-Tube (or even stream it in-world)
  • We're open to other suggestions - the key being that we want to demonstrate things that we have done/are doing that have been valuable learning experiences and fun!

If you can be in-world on Monday from 7.30pm for about 90mins then sign up - it is essential that we know how many people are planning to be in-world so we can make sure that we don't make the island too laggy!

Please comment on the above plans - I'd like to have a clear schedule of what is going to happen between 7.30 and 9pm on Monday ... and definitely need to know who is going to be around during that time.
« Last Edit: November 17, 2007, 07:56:54 AM by PeterT »

Offline Marsbar9 Schomer

• Coordinator
  • :-)
    • View Profile
    • Homepage
Re: Teacher's TV filming in Schome Park on Monday 19th November at 7.30pm
« Reply #1 on: November 17, 2007, 09:38:35 AM »
I think I might be at a push to get on - but I will see if I can. Would it be ok, (if I can get on!) if I logged off by 830?

I think the ideas you have are good - they seem to be some of the best bits of Schome Park.

:)
-Mars

Offline KitKatKid Schomer

• The Hawaiian Shirts
  • Call me Kit :D
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 17, 2007, 09:48:57 AM »
I will try to get on but i will probably need to come off at 8.15 - 8.30 because my dad will need the computer when he comes home from work.

All the ideas are good!

When will the programme be shown on Teachers TV? I want to show my mum and dad :P
KitKatKid Schomer    My Twitter

Offline Achilles Schomer

• The Hawaiian Shirts
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 17, 2007, 10:25:19 AM »
darn can't make it  :o

prize giving night at my school

the one night lol

My posts are like buses...you wait days for a reply then they all come at once!

Offline PeterT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 17, 2007, 12:12:58 PM »
I will try to get on but i will probably need to come off at 8.15 - 8.30 because my dad will need the computer when he comes home from work.

All the ideas are good!

When will the programme be shown on Teachers TV? I want to show my mum and dad :P

No problem about only being able to make part of the time - sign up and put the times you can make in brackets after your name
eg KitKatKid (7.30 to 8.15pm ish)

PeterT

Offline PeterT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 17, 2007, 12:13:23 PM »
darn can't make it  :o

prize giving night at my school

the one night lol

Rats!

Offline Trixxiee Schomer

• SP Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 17, 2007, 12:19:08 PM »
I'll try and be there. All the ideas seem to be good to me. :)
On hiatus until further notice. Will be checking in occasionally.

Offline Marsbar9 Schomer

• Coordinator
  • :-)
    • View Profile
    • Homepage
« Reply #7 on: November 17, 2007, 12:20:46 PM »
I am going to check - if I can make it, let us know how you want us personally to help out :)
-Mars

Offline PeterT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 17, 2007, 01:01:06 PM »
I am going to check - if I can make it, let us know how you want us personally to help out :)

We need someone to organise the regatta - looks like Topper and Achilles are out of action on Monday (though Topper may be back by then if all goes well with is grandad).

Also - if we are doing the physics thing - need to plan who is going to do what and when.
Ideally I'd like a kind of schedule of events -
eg

7.30 - general tour of the island
7.45 - parachute jumping from somewhere up high (would be good if we had a hoard of parachute jumpers - I don't even have a parachute)
8.00 - regatta - race around some course or other (with TheSchome Ranger either as a passenger in a boat or flying along above the racers - so we get some good shots of the event) - are we best using the inflatable powerboats?
8.20 - in the Sandbox with Yankee's club members and folk who are helping them develop their skills
etc

That is just an example - am hoping that Yankee's club members will join in in with parachute jumping and the regatta etc - cos will be more fun with more people.

So - wanting volunteers to offer to do specific things at times that suit them - then we can pull together a schedule - in reality we should probably aim to have things scheduled from 8pm to 9pm - cos the camera crew will take time to set up etc. I also want to show them the wiki and forum. They may want to have time to interview some folk in-world (using text chat - so if anyone wants to volunteer to be interviewed let me know ...)

PeterT

Offline KitKatKid Schomer

• The Hawaiian Shirts
  • Call me Kit :D
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 17, 2007, 02:32:59 PM »
schedule sounds good to me

like i said i should be in from 7.30 til about 8.15-8.30 so if you want to interview me then you can seeing as im a kinda beginner [just over one month]
KitKatKid Schomer    My Twitter

Offline Explo Schomer

• SP Global Moderator
  • Nice, eh?
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 17, 2007, 03:00:28 PM »
I'll suffer myself to join the regatta. :P I'll also see what I can do on the SSF train, though I wouldn't have too many hopes.
'I am the gadfly'-or at least, I'd like to be

Question everything, including this.

Offline Miss. Vibia

• The Hawaiian Shirts
    • View Profile
    • Schome user page
« Reply #11 on: November 17, 2007, 03:07:09 PM »
Well, i'll be happy to sign up- I should be on from 8 def. but not sure whenther I can get on for 7.30 as I will just have come back from a day out shopping with a load of mates as part of my birthday weekend(inset day! :p) so.. yeh! But I'll try!  :D
We could be heroes just for one day.

Offline Topper Schomer

• The Hawaiian Shirts
  • SP Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 17, 2007, 04:35:32 PM »
I should be able to make it. Can we have maybe three people go round in a regatta motor boat. From my research on the SFF train it would be best for a track to be made then have a controllable carriage on physical that way the train will move consistanlty and be controlable.

Topper

Offline Marko Schomer

• The Hawaiian Shirts
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 17, 2007, 04:39:54 PM »
I'll be able to make it, and should be able to do anything on LSL physics that's required.

Offline Explo Schomer

• SP Global Moderator
  • Nice, eh?
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 17, 2007, 05:18:49 PM »
I've now made a very basic SSF train-it moves about two metres per touch, through rezzing 50 blocks. I'm a bit concerned about scaling this up in case Linden Labs think it is griefing. So, instead, the train needs to look better, and we need to allow it to move in a direction other than straight along the x axis, so we need to get the rotation and convert the polar coordinates produced to a Cartesian coordinate. Of course, we can also look into ways to make it more efficient.
'I am the gadfly'-or at least, I'd like to be

Question everything, including this.