The schome community Go to the Schome Wiki
January 27, 2021, 10:03:11 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: To register for the wiki or forum email ONE sentence explaining why you want to join the Schommunity to Peter[dot]Twining[at]newcastle[dot]edu[dot]au
(Replace [dot] with . and [at] with @)

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Breach of AUP - Jokester  (Read 17613 times)
PeterT
Administrator

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #45 on: November 16, 2007, 10:08:55 AM »

There has been another twist to this incident ...

Jokester has told us that JPskater was the person who used his avatar. However, JPskater is denying it.

This leaves us in a situation where the evidence we have is one student's word against the other. We are clear about who we believe, but our evidence base is not sufficient to be able to make a definitive judgement.

In the circumstances we feel we have no option but to let this drop. However, to know that a member of the community is dishonest with other members of the community is disheartening. The one thing that our community has been up till now is a place where people feel safe – this is in large part because they trust the other members of the community.

If we don't have each other's trust then that is a huge problem in my view.   :(

Kali Schomer
SP Global Moderator

View Profile Email
« Reply #46 on: November 16, 2007, 10:49:02 AM »

It isn't a nice situation to be in.

I think we should let this drop, as there is nothing else we can realy do. But we should make it clear to all the new people entering SPii what the rules are and how they are there for a reason, not just because we all feel like being killjoys. Any breach of rules should be dealt with, and the person in question reminded what the rules are. Anyone that continues to break rules obviously has no intention of following them in the first place.
We have worked hard to get where we are, and i know we have all put alot of effort in, but especially the staff. We all want this to work, so we should be honest. We try to not judge and try to be as fair as possible. Everyone has to understand that.
Everyone has to follow the rules, not just a select few. As a community, we have even set up a government in SPii to make sure that everything runs as smoothly as possible. We try to be as democrtaic as possible and make sure that everyone has a say, and i feel that we can al be honest with each other. Sure, we have disagreements, but this is inevitable in any community. We just try to sort it out as fast as possible, so that everyone is happy with the result.
Our community is built on trust. We trust the staff to keep it all running in both RL and SL, and the stff trust us to help each other and make the community work. If no one trusted each other, then we would have a big problem, like Peter said.
Topper Schomer
The Hawaiian Shirts
SP Global Moderator

View Profile Email
« Reply #47 on: November 16, 2007, 11:09:37 AM »

Igree with kali and peter. I can't really add, but will stress to all comunity members how important trust is and we all need to work together.

Topper
Yankee SParker
SP core

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #48 on: November 16, 2007, 12:58:46 PM »

I agree this is an unfortunate turn of events and also that we have no choice but to let it drop and move forward.

I do however want to say I really admire the way Jokester stepped up and publicly took responsibility for what happened. Regardless of the particulars, it was his avatar, so he did the right thing. There is an expression ... great leaders "take less than their share of the credit, and more than their share of the blame." Jokester's actions bear that out. Props, dude.

Moving on...

-kj-
Marsbar9 Schomer
Coordinator

:-)

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #49 on: November 16, 2007, 05:18:15 PM »

What a shame, trust means a great deal to this community - it has taken months to get where we are now.
I agree with all that's been said already, so I can't add much more.

:(

-Mars
Topper Schomer
The Hawaiian Shirts
SP Global Moderator

View Profile Email
« Reply #50 on: December 02, 2007, 09:00:51 AM »

Topic beeing archived as it is no longert relivent

Topper
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: