Author Topic: Hello from Germany  (Read 4506 times)

Offline Ziggy

• View Profile
    • Metaversa
Hello from Germany
« on: October 24, 2007, 01:48:31 PM »
Hi,

Peter encourages me a long time ago (in April) to put my questions about creating educational projects in the TG here to the board.

Since then i find out a lot of things for myself, but now our project is in a stage whre a lot of new questions rising up.

My name is Michael Lange from a german educational non-profit organization located in Berlin: Metaversa. I myself are running a youth community in the internet since 1997 based on the two-dimensional chatprogramm "ThePalace" (www.virtuellewelt.de). Naturally the next step for us is going into the third dimension of SL.

We now have bougth an island in the TG (Metaversa) and i have the specified backgroundcheck, waiting now for my transfer to the TG.

What i now am dealing with are the registration processes for not only our students, but for teens allover germany. As you know, the regular registration isn't working for teens from outside the US.

I'll place my questions in the appropriate topics and hope you can help me.

Thanks
Michael Lange
--------------------------------------------------------------------
Metaversa e.V. - non-profit organzation for media, education and culture. Berlin/Germany

Offline PeterT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • PeterT's homepage in WikiWorks
Re: Hello from Germany
« Reply #1 on: October 24, 2007, 06:14:20 PM »
Hi,

Peter encourages me a long time ago (in April) to put my questions about creating educational projects in the TG here to the board.

Since then i find out a lot of things for myself, but now our project is in a stage whre a lot of new questions rising up.

My name is Michael Lange from a german educational non-profit organization located in Berlin: Metaversa. I myself are running a youth community in the internet since 1997 based on the two-dimensional chatprogramm "ThePalace" (www.virtuellewelt.de). Naturally the next step for us is going into the third dimension of SL.

We now have bougth an island in the TG (Metaversa) and i have the specified backgroundcheck, waiting now for my transfer to the TG.

What i now am dealing with are the registration processes for not only our students, but for teens allover germany. As you know, the regular registration isn't working for teens from outside the US.

I'll place my questions in the appropriate topics and hope you can help me.

Thanks
Michael Lange

Hi Michael - we will do our best to help answer your questions ... Thanks for using the SL help topic to ask them - I'm off there now to respond.

PeterT

Offline Miss. Vibia

• The Hawaiian Shirts
    • View Profile
    • Schome user page
« Reply #2 on: October 24, 2007, 06:33:36 PM »
Hallo!!
Ich lerne Deutsch im schule!
Ich hoffe wir kann sie mit deine fragen helfen!
Entschuldigung fuer meine grammatik!  :D

Vibia
« Last Edit: October 25, 2007, 09:52:46 AM by Vibia the Time Lady »
We could be heroes just for one day.

Offline Decimus Schomer

• The Hawaiian Shirts
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 24, 2007, 10:03:34 PM »
Ich lerne Deutch im schule!
As do I, but I've only been doing it for a few weeks, so I'm not very good at it :P

Offline Kali Schomer

• SP Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 25, 2007, 10:28:47 AM »
Sorry, i don't do German. I feel kind of left out  :'(

I do spanish though, and a few phrases in Italian, which i started this year  ;)

Anyway, welcome to our community. We will all do our best to help you and answer any questions you have

Offline Marsbar9 Schomer

• Coordinator
  • :-)
    • View Profile
    • Homepage
« Reply #5 on: October 25, 2007, 11:06:10 AM »
Hey :)
-Mars

Offline Decimus Schomer

• The Hawaiian Shirts
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 29, 2007, 11:49:19 PM »
I've just got back from Belgium :D

If you're wondering why I'm posting that here, it's because that reminds me that, while we were there, we went to the German cemetery at Langemark; we took a photo of some text, but nobody there (not even someone taking A-level German!) could translate it. So I'm wondering if someone here can translate it.

(edit: the photo is here; the word with the poppy over it is 'amen', I think.)
« Last Edit: October 29, 2007, 11:54:53 PM by Decimus Schomer »

Offline The Professor

• The Hawaiian Shirts
  • The cake is a lie
    • View Profile
    • Schome Wiki User Page
« Reply #7 on: October 30, 2007, 10:54:12 AM »
I believe it says Ich habe dich bei deinem Namen gerufen, du bist mein. (Some letters are obscured by the wreath, which may account for some confusion).

This translates to: "I have called you by your name. You are mine." Underneath looks like a reference from the Bible, and a quick Google reveals that it is a quote from Isaiah.

And I don't do A-Level German :P.

Und Wilkommen, Ziggy!
« Last Edit: October 30, 2007, 10:56:30 AM by The Professor »
If at first you don't succeed, you fail, and the test will be terminated.

Offline Decimus Schomer

• The Hawaiian Shirts
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 30, 2007, 01:33:03 PM »
(Some letters are obscured by the wreath, which may account for some confusion).
That would be a bit confusing :P

Offline Ziggy

• View Profile
    • Metaversa
« Reply #9 on: November 05, 2007, 11:30:05 PM »
Hello,

thinks for the greetings.

My first question: If your schome-community is closed to all other TSL-users, how did you get objects and all this stuff? Have you build it all by yourself?

I am very glad to buy some things, because i haven't got the time to build everything by myself.

Michael
--------------------------------------------------------------------
Metaversa e.V. - non-profit organzation for media, education and culture. Berlin/Germany

Offline PeterT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • PeterT's homepage in WikiWorks
« Reply #10 on: November 06, 2007, 03:20:42 PM »
Hello,

thinks for the greetings.

My first question: If your schome-community is closed to all other TSL-users, how did you get objects and all this stuff? Have you build it all by yourself?

I am very glad to buy some things, because i haven't got the time to build everything by myself.

Michael

When we first set up Schome Park Linden Labs migrated some avatars over from the Main Grid for us - this enabled us to bring over some resources to help set up the island. However, we have also built many of the resources that we use on Schome Park - so a mixture of the two.

I believe that Linden Labs are no longer willing to move avatars from the Main Grid to the Teen Grid for now projects - partly because it is a time consuming process for them but also because of the risks of inappropriate material being inadvertently transported to the Teen Grid.

Offline peachez12 Schomer

• SParkers
    • View Profile
Re: Hello from usa
« Reply #11 on: March 28, 2008, 04:50:59 PM »
that's cool that your from germany 

Offline Jpskater777 Schomer

• The Hawaiian Shirts
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 30, 2008, 12:49:17 AM »
hello