The schome community Go to the Schome Wiki
December 08, 2019, 05:44:32 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: To register for the wiki or forum email ONE sentence explaining why you want to join the Schommunity to Peter[dot]Twining[at]newcastle[dot]edu[dot]au
(Replace [dot] with . and [at] with @)

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: New E&P discussion session, Wed 24th Oct 7-8pm  (Read 13083 times)
Ronnie SParker

View Profile Email
« on: October 15, 2007, 01:54:01 PM »

Hi,

I've posted a new session on the wiki, date and time as above. This issue is to discuss the morality of war - whether it can ever be morally justified, and the issues we need to weigh up when considering this.

If you would like to attend please follow the link and post your name on the wiki page for the session:
E&P4

Hope to see you there,

Ronnie
Fox Phlox

View Profile Email
« Reply #1 on: October 15, 2007, 02:35:03 PM »

Note to PeterT -the moderator on this board should probably be changed from Jen to Ronnie.

Only the stoutest arm, the bravest heart, with a magic charm and a good head start can ever outfox the Fox
Marsbar9 Schomer
Coordinator

:-)

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #2 on: October 15, 2007, 04:11:34 PM »

Lots of boards need updating (Re moderators).

-Mars
Fox Phlox

View Profile Email
« Reply #3 on: October 15, 2007, 07:18:56 PM »

Ha! I've worked out how to change the moderator. It was tucked away in an obscure bit of the administrator's section. Which other boards need their moderators updated?

Only the stoutest arm, the bravest heart, with a magic charm and a good head start can ever outfox the Fox
Kali Schomer
SP Global Moderator

View Profile Email
« Reply #4 on: October 16, 2007, 08:36:19 AM »

I won't be abkle to make this session.
 can never do wednesdays or saturdays before 7.30, as i have a job to go to
Ronnie SParker

View Profile Email
« Reply #5 on: October 16, 2007, 08:51:36 AM »

That's a shame, I will try to make the next session for a Tuesday or Thursday if you would be interested in coming along? Not sure what the topic for that one will be yet...
Kali Schomer
SP Global Moderator

View Profile Email
« Reply #6 on: October 16, 2007, 08:53:45 AM »

Yes, i love coming to E&P sessions. Although i usually avoid the ones about religion, as we always argue about that a lot during the session.
A tuesday or thursday would be great.  :)
Topper Schomer
The Hawaiian Shirts
SP Global Moderator

View Profile Email
« Reply #7 on: October 17, 2007, 09:46:50 PM »

just realised I am unlikly to make it as I am in scarbro'.

Topper
Ronnie SParker

View Profile Email
« Reply #8 on: October 17, 2007, 09:50:29 PM »

It seems that quite a few people might not be able to make this date - Kali, Topper, and I think Explo and Marko (who have been regulars) are away at the moment? There are no names down on the wiki at the moment, so I will give it until later this week and if there are still no takers maybe move it to Tues/Thurs the following week...
Ronnie SParker

View Profile Email
« Reply #9 on: October 18, 2007, 10:26:44 AM »

Also, just going back to something Explo said re: the last session - people seem to enjoy them, but it is difficult to say how much is actually learnt from them - the discussion moves at such a pace that it can be difficult to explore issues fully; there is always a possibility that this will result in a load of people throwing their views in (which is great in itself) without us all considering them for long enough to change anyone's minds..
With this in mind I just wondered if there is anything that we could do in tandem with the discussion sessions to make them more useful - perhaps a recap and continued discussion of any contentious points in the forum, or some reading suggestions for anyone who is interested etc...
I would be grateful for any ideas on things that you would like to see happening.
Thanks

Ronnie
Ronnie SParker

View Profile Email
« Reply #10 on: October 22, 2007, 04:30:49 PM »

As many people couldn't make the original time I have moved this session to Thursday 1st November, from 7-8pm.
If you'd like to come along please follow the link below and add your name to the page on the wiki:

E&P4

Hope to see you there,

Ronnie
Pilgrim SParker

View Profile Email
« Reply #11 on: October 23, 2007, 03:34:03 PM »

i think we need to worry less about whether anything is being learnt, but worry if all those who attend are able to get their views across.

comic book geek
Ronnie SParker

View Profile Email
« Reply #12 on: October 23, 2007, 09:23:16 PM »

definitely, that should be the point of the sessions. I hope everyone who's attended so far has felt able to get their views across.
The speed at which discussion moves along can make it difficult to take in everyone else's points, as you are so frantically typing your own!
Marko Schomer
The Hawaiian Shirts

View Profile Email
« Reply #13 on: October 25, 2007, 02:57:09 PM »

The speed at which discussion moves along can make it difficult to take in everyone else's points, as you are so frantically typing your own!

Thankfully, I've greatly improved the speed at which I can type from doing lots of posts on the NAGTY forums in as short a time as possible, so I don't get left behind in discussions. However, it can be a problem with debates inworld, as you tend to get lots of replies to a statement all at once, or none at all.

As to the E&P session, I should be able to attend, and look forward to it.
KitKatKid Schomer
The Hawaiian Shirts

Call me Kit :D

View Profile Email
« Reply #14 on: October 25, 2007, 03:33:07 PM »

i'd prefer it if you did them on thursdays as we have the community meetings on a tuesday

thanks

kit

KitKatKid Schomer    My Twitter
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: