The schome community Go to the Schome Wiki
October 27, 2020, 03:24:40 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: To register for the wiki or forum email ONE sentence explaining why you want to join the Schommunity to Peter[dot]Twining[at]newcastle[dot]edu[dot]au
(Replace [dot] with . and [at] with @)

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Poll
Question: Should the Park receive permission?
Yes, full permission - 15 (100%)
No permission - 0 (0%)
Total Voters: 15

Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Schome Park - Literally  (Read 9900 times)
Baso Schomer
The Hawaiian Shirts

View Profile WWW Email
« on: September 20, 2007, 09:32:27 PM »

Basiclally Go Inworld If You Can..Have A Look Around Next To The Eco Center / SPTC, Theres Some Park Benches For Discussions / Scouts :P, A Harbor With Warning Light, Some Fishing Rods (dont fret..these are phantom sailors...they wont mess with you or our boat and a camp fire to sit aroun and relax or discus :D more to be added as soon as ppl tell me what they woudl like :D

Baso

!!Baso!!
Edi Schomer
SParkers

Edi Schomer | www.Evil-Games.co.uk | xXedixXx

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #1 on: September 21, 2007, 05:55:40 AM »

Waste of prims

Baso Schomer
The Hawaiian Shirts

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #2 on: September 21, 2007, 07:28:07 AM »

You sure about that..im not gonna star an arument but it is as low prims as i coud make it..and because of the SPTC so low on prims....we do have what....12,000 for luxuries if it ever gets finished :P

!!Baso!!
Fox Phlox

View Profile Email
« Reply #3 on: September 21, 2007, 09:32:16 AM »

Sounds interesting to me - sorry I can't get in world for a while. I think the environment is just as important as the buildings - we wouldn't want our island to be purely utilitarian, it needs a feel-good factor.

Only the stoutest arm, the bravest heart, with a magic charm and a good head start can ever outfox the Fox
Wheelo Schomer
The Hawaiian Shirts

View Profile Email
« Reply #4 on: September 21, 2007, 11:50:39 AM »

Why has the poll finished??  It was only up for one day!

Anyways, images can be found on the wiki:

One of the hardcore Schomers who have been in the SL Corps since the great prim wars ;)
(Quote from Flio)
Baso Schomer
The Hawaiian Shirts

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #5 on: September 21, 2007, 11:50:48 AM »

i would like to post....as i think this is why edi said its a waste of prims.....that dont take it personally.be honest and upfront.if youlike it...say so.if you dont...fair enough..

!!Baso!!
Baso Schomer
The Hawaiian Shirts

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #6 on: September 21, 2007, 11:51:34 AM »

oh and the poll hasnt closed..its ust  going toend tonight as i want it to be quick...and it doesnt show the result as i dont want it to be influenced

!!Baso!!
Baso Schomer
The Hawaiian Shirts

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #7 on: September 21, 2007, 11:53:03 AM »

theres also a campfire..but you have to be withing 10 meters for the particles toshow up :P

!!Baso!!
Explo Schomer
SP Global Moderator

Nice, eh?

View Profile Email
« Reply #8 on: September 21, 2007, 02:56:46 PM »

Running a day long poll is not a good idea, as not only does it stop lots of people from voting (and so the 10 people needed for validity won't be reached) but it also prevents the decision from changing if there are any changes to the park etc. Indeed, the general consensus so far on polls has been not to have any time limit, though this is not formalised.

Anyway, it looks quite good so far, though I think that more features, such as a pond or stream, would not hurt. I must also wonder where you got the trees-I thought they could only be planted by the owner of the land?

'I am the gadfly'-or at least, I'd like to be

Question everything, including this.
Fox Phlox

View Profile Email
« Reply #9 on: September 21, 2007, 03:35:04 PM »

I must also wonder where you got the trees-I thought they could only be planted by the owner of the land?
Some trees don't seem to count as trees. I've got a collection of willow trees and a banana tree which I can plant, but there are lots of others which have to remain in my inventory.

Having looked at the pictures in the wiki, I like the relaxed, evening picnic feel of the area.

Only the stoutest arm, the bravest heart, with a magic charm and a good head start can ever outfox the Fox
Edi Schomer
SParkers

Edi Schomer | www.Evil-Games.co.uk | xXedixXx

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #10 on: September 21, 2007, 04:09:15 PM »

Ok i will tell u why its a waste of prims: to start with we actually need no more builds we only need about about 3 builds, scho-op, scholympia and blue mango for meetings thts it scrap everything else and all tht camp fire stuff and sailors and rods is a WASTE OF PRIMS!!!! <Three words removed by Fox>
« Last Edit: September 21, 2007, 06:59:32 PM by Fox SParker » Logged

Fox Phlox

View Profile Email
« Reply #11 on: September 21, 2007, 04:19:46 PM »

I disagree, I think the environment is very important. How many people are going to want to spend time on an empty island, featureless except for three buildings? While there's no point in wasting prims, there's also no point in hoarding them until we think of another essential building.

One of the things that I like about Second Life is that we have flexibility. Absolutely nothing on the life will necessarily be there in a year's time. We take prims out, we shape them, we use them - but they're like steel in that we can then melt them down and use them to make something utterly and completely different.

Aston Schomer
The Hawaiian Shirts

Keep on Staring!!

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #12 on: September 21, 2007, 04:34:36 PM »

<Sentence removed by Fox> Imagine if you're a new person coming into SPii and there's 3 builds...

All these little touches make for a great first impression when people join schome. And above all it looks really cool!
« Last Edit: September 21, 2007, 07:00:03 PM by Fox SParker » Logged

Marsbar9 Schomer
Coordinator

:-)

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #13 on: September 21, 2007, 04:48:29 PM »

When I saw the thing to the left I thought, hey this would fit in really well with something I was planning on designing in School, so I made it on Skethcup and popped it on wiki! Nice left hand side bit Baso!

lol

-Mars
Fox Phlox

View Profile Email
« Reply #14 on: September 21, 2007, 07:03:19 PM »

I've removed a couple of sentences from the thread above, in line with Clause 1 of the AUP.
http://schome.open.ac.uk/wikiworks/index.php/AUP

There's some interesting debate going on here about prim usage and the environment - but can we keep away from making negative personal remarks about individuals?

Thanks.

Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: