The schome community Go to the Schome Wiki
October 30, 2020, 04:12:20 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: To register for the wiki or forum email ONE sentence explaining why you want to join the Schommunity to Peter[dot]Twining[at]newcastle[dot]edu[dot]au
(Replace [dot] with . and [at] with @)

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Collaboration between Sparkers & my school in the USA?  (Read 12607 times)
FI Schomer
SParkers

View Profile Email
« Reply #45 on: October 31, 2007, 07:34:21 PM »

Hi...
Just changing the subject for a min back to the original subject...

Since I am living in the Falkland Islands, I am in the same time zone as the Eastern parts of the US, although I am not sure about time because of clocks changing and my being in the southern hemisphere...

To work out any time differences that may occour, what time in the US does it say I posted this, as here it is 4:28...
Look forwards to seeing people in world, although due to acess and the broadband company being a monopoly and charging outragous prices, I cannot be in-world all of the time (gotta save my time before I go over my outragously small limit of downloads/uploads per month of 250mb)...

P.S. I am half american (dad's side of the family) 8)
P.P.S. Saying my nationality is not agains the OAP, it is very vague, but in a community like mine of 3,000 odd people it is easy to find the half-ammericans :-\
Yankee SParker
SP core

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #46 on: November 10, 2007, 11:27:51 AM »

Hello FI! Just saw this message. Please look for us in-world! If you are on the same time zone as the Eastern US that should help a lot. We'd love to work with you! PM me in-world.

Yankee
Topper Schomer
The Hawaiian Shirts
SP Global Moderator

View Profile Email
« Reply #47 on: November 10, 2007, 12:05:59 PM »

Hi...
Just changing the subject for a min back to the original subject...

Since I am living in the Falkland Islands, I am in the same time zone as the Eastern parts of the US, although I am not sure about time because of clocks changing and my being in the southern hemisphere...

To work out any time differences that may occour, what time in the US does it say I posted this, as here it is 4:28...
Look forwards to seeing people in world, although due to acess and the broadband company being a monopoly and charging outragous prices, I cannot be in-world all of the time (gotta save my time before I go over my outragously small limit of downloads/uploads per month of 250mb)...

P.S. I am half american (dad's side of the family) 8)
P.P.S. Saying my nationality is not agains the OAP, it is very vague, but in a community like mine of 3,000 odd people it is easy to find the half-ammericans :-\

Seesh what company are running that plum job, it bad nough in parts of the uk when you only have 1 or 2 providers and they try and get you  on a bad deal; but one with that riducules limit, tis ludicrus

Topper
FI Schomer
SParkers

View Profile Email
« Reply #48 on: November 28, 2007, 07:12:04 PM »

Tis ludicrus...
But this is the kind of sacrifice one must make to live in a lovely (collection of) island(s) like here, even if when I go back the the UK there will be the same number of people in my school as entire population of Stanley (The Big City + the only city)
That is why I do most of my forum such-and-such at school on a wednesday afternoon, when I can go...
The just released a new package due to the fact that everyone in the islands is not v. happy, so I have a little more download limit now (Either 500mb or 1kb, can't remember which, fairly sure it is 1kb).

But I think I am in the same timezone as eastern US during our winter/you'r summer. :P What time does it say I posted this message in the US, if it says 16:06 or thereabouts, it is the same time zone...
Decimus Schomer
The Hawaiian Shirts

View Profile Email
« Reply #49 on: November 28, 2007, 07:21:20 PM »

(Either 500mb or 1kb, can't remember which, fairly sure it is 1kb)
You mean either 512Mb (1/2 Gb) or 1Gb? It's very rare that you get an amount like 500Mb which isn't a power of two...

Also, 1kb isn't very much; I think you meant 1Gb...
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: