Author Topic: Items disappearing  (Read 4185 times)

Offline Decimus Schomer

• The Hawaiian Shirts
    • View Profile
Items disappearing
« on: August 21, 2007, 05:26:00 PM »
Several days ago, for some absolutely unknown reason, a large portion of my inventory disappeared. Then, the other day, I got part (though not all) of it back. What I want to know is, why? :P

One thing that's very odd about it is that the stuff disappeared in neat divisions - each folder in my inventory ended up either empty (or nearly empty) or completely intact! Another is that, while the original stuff that went missing appeared relatively indiscriminate of whether I made something or not, but the folders that have been restored were all mostly full of stuff made by me - other than scripts, a grand total of one texture has been removed from my inventory and not returned, out of the stuff I made...

Katharine Berry

Re: Items disappearing
« Reply #1 on: August 21, 2007, 05:43:08 PM »
That'd be a side-effect of the inventory caching - each folder is only requested when it's needed, although things you've added sometime not too long ago will still be cached, and thus be there.

It sounds like you tried to load your inventory while the inventory server was troubled, and were thus given bits of blank inventory. It's possible that the client cached this - have you tried clearing your cache/reinstalling since then?

Other than that, it's also possible that your inventory was moved to another server, and a chunk of it lost in transit, in which case the "stuff you've made" bit would be entirely coincidental.