Author Topic: Glad to be here  (Read 1648 times)

Offline veresm

• View Profile
Glad to be here
« on: December 14, 2006, 01:34:32 AM »
Greetings,
I am very interested in this group and its efforts. As an educator in the k-12 arena for thirty years and an instructor of educational technology at a local university, this is right up my alley. I am now a full time instructor of educational technology at Wright State University in Ohio. My students are both pre-service and practicing educators. My message of technology integration often falls on deaf ears. Many educators see tech as an add on, and instruct by "downloading" information to students.
I am interested in SL as a teaching and learning tool. I am known as Maggie Bleriot. Hope to meet some of you there.
I'll be watching and learning from such a wonderful group! 8)
Maggie
« Last Edit: December 14, 2006, 01:40:47 AM by veresm »

Offline PeterT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • PeterT's homepage in WikiWorks
Re: Glad to be here
« Reply #1 on: December 14, 2006, 07:38:23 AM »
 :) Welcome Maggie - great to have you as part of the group.

In terms of the Second Life stuff we are just starting to feel our way - with some heavy dollops of scepticism here and there - I keep forgetting that our focus is in trying to give people a lived experience of education that is radically different to that which they have had in the real world in order to help them think more creatively about what schome should be like ...

Looking forward to talking with you - via the forum, in-world and who knows maybe at some point face to face ...

PeterT

Offline kieron

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Glad to be here
« Reply #2 on: December 14, 2006, 11:33:24 PM »
Hi Maggie,
You sound like you are very 'schome sympathetic' Yes, lots of 'add on' culture around at this point in time.
Welcome. Look forward to hearing your ideas.
Kieron