Author Topic: Experimentation on breaking SSF  (Read 14760 times)

Offline Marko Schomer

• View Profile
Re: Experimentation on breaking SSF
« Reply #30 on: August 17, 2007, 01:43:48 PM »
New physics project.

Ah. Should be interesting.  :)

Offline Marko Schomer

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: October 09, 2007, 09:10:28 PM »
Since the previous physics area is now above the new sandbox (and so was cleared), I've moved the experiment equipment to 100,100,200, for inclusion in the new creation centre, or use somewhere else, or whatever anyone wants to do with it. I haven't done much testing for a while, having been involved in other things, but I have an idea that whether something breaks SSF or not is due to its kinetic energy (which equals 0.5 * mass * velocity squared) This is based on the observation that the graph of an object's mass against (total energy required for it to break SSF divided by mass) follows roughly y is proportional to root x. If anyone wants to do some investigation they're welcome to.

Offline Topper Schomer

• The Hawaiian Shirts
  • SP Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: October 10, 2007, 03:55:15 PM »
do we need plans for serious testing is havok 4 is brought in....

Topper

Offline Marko Schomer

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: November 02, 2007, 06:12:06 PM »
I've done rather a lot of testing in all, but unfortunately the results are rather odd and seem to change even when irrelevant parts of the script are changed. Despite those problems, I've managed to collate all data I've got thus far. The figures given are for the minimum force required in order to push an object into and right through another object. You can find the table here or the discoveries page here. Anyone wanting to do some testing themselves can, by going to the testing module at 100,100,200, saying "start", and then saying "/5 current results" some time later, when nothing's happening any more. Anyone can also look at the data on the table and try to spot anything interesting (though the inconsistency of the data makes that unlikely)
« Last Edit: November 02, 2007, 06:14:43 PM by Marko Schomer »