Author Topic: Scho-op Complaint  (Read 6443 times)

Offline Marsbar9 Schomer

• Coordinator
  • :-)
    • View Profile
    • Homepage
Scho-op Complaint
« on: August 02, 2007, 06:21:51 PM »
I don't think that the scho-op was dealt with properly, and I don't think I was given enough time to change the replica based on everyone's responses

:-[

Edit: please help me has been taken out to keep this to the piont and to keep the disscusion impatial Topper
« Last Edit: August 02, 2007, 06:29:14 PM by Topper Schomer »
-Mars

Offline Topper Schomer

• The Hawaiian Shirts
  • SP Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Scho-op Complaint
« Reply #1 on: August 02, 2007, 06:28:08 PM »
Ok I think the proper procedure is to let the new sch-op be built and arrange a date in a few weeeks time to have a meeting with a proper debate with a member of the general affairs commite as chair. Until then a fourm discusion maybe.

Topper

PS I am trying to deal with this impartshaly and to try ou a way of dealing with complaints.

Offline Achilles Schomer

• The Hawaiian Shirts
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 02, 2007, 07:04:40 PM »
Mars how long have you had to make the sch-op?

We started the planning in may?
Its now august

Do i need to say anymore
Saying "can i have more time" is useless cos this will never end!!!

Now whats more is that if i look at the polls
We have had several polls in which a clear decision was made
Only for it to be completely ignored

Basically this sch-op has gone beyond a joke and frankly i find this utter joke bemusing now

you've had enough time

achilles
(bemused)

My posts are like buses...you wait days for a reply then they all come at once!

Offline Explo Schomer

• SP Global Moderator
  • Nice, eh?
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 02, 2007, 09:16:49 PM »
My suggestions for this are here as the review itself is part of planning permission still, though the more general debate is indeed better placed here.

To copy totally from there:

Mars-the only reason this poll is running, rather than taking the poll that was here (0/0/2/5/2/1/1/2), is due to your complaint, and as Katharine has said, we have to draw the line. Your arguments will, of course, be accepted, with the results as follows:

This thread and poll will continue (with designs 3.1 and 4 removed) as a review, due to Mars' complaint on this polls findings-until its conclusion is reached design 3.2 is the Scho-Op/Second Steps building and all other designs must be removed, or else moved above the sandbox as sandbox builds (regulations on these are here). This is according to planning permission regulations as design 3.2 has above a 2/1 majority. If an objection to this process is raised, it must be raised as a complaint against these regulations on this thread.

Thank you, and sorry for being the bureaucrat.
'I am the gadfly'-or at least, I'd like to be

Question everything, including this.

Offline Marko Schomer

• The Hawaiian Shirts
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 03, 2007, 03:12:23 PM »
Mars, I don't really see a valid reason for complaint. You have had a long period of time in which to submit designs, and in that time you have submitted several (for which, I may say, I at least am grateful- it provided a large choice of designs) The fact that the community chose design 3.2 (several times) does not show that you didn't have a fair chance- it simply shows that most people thought that design 3.2 was better. You can, in future, ask for a review of the decision, but for now 3.2 is the preferred design and should be built. All other designs should be removed. The poll is being left up, so that if people change their mind then other designs still have a chance, but currently the result is greatly in favour of design 3.2 and I think this unlikely to change (it hasn't changed from the previous however many polls, so it probably won't now)

Offline Aston Schomer

• The Hawaiian Shirts
  • Keep on Staring!!
    • View Profile
    • My Userpage on the Schome Wiki
« Reply #5 on: August 03, 2007, 06:51:38 PM »
We know you've put a lot of work into all the different scho-op designs but you seem to be giving off the impression that you only want one of YOUR designs to win. The community has decided that it will be design 3.2 end of...

Offline Topper Schomer

• The Hawaiian Shirts
  • SP Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 15, 2007, 12:52:00 PM »
Is it felt this matter has been satisfactoraly been resolved?

Topper

Offline Achilles Schomer

• The Hawaiian Shirts
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 15, 2007, 01:29:41 PM »
nope the orginal design is still in spii
My posts are like buses...you wait days for a reply then they all come at once!

Offline Kali Schomer

• SP Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 15, 2007, 02:03:04 PM »
I don't understand what this complaint is about.
I thought we have the polls to decide which design the community wants to be built. So, what is the problem with the prefered design to be built?
We all know that the designs had a lot of work put into them, but we can only have one and that should be decided fairly by the whole community

Offline Explo Schomer

• SP Global Moderator
  • Nice, eh?
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 15, 2007, 02:16:43 PM »
The problem is not with the design decision, but that the design that wasn't chosen is still in-world. At last notice this is because Mars couldn't get in world but please correct me if this is wrong. It looks like design 3.2 may also have to be removed as the poll here is indicating that the latest design (design 7.5 on the poll) is preferred, and once the decision has been made officially I will remove it.

Offline Kali Schomer

• SP Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 15, 2007, 02:47:13 PM »
The poll has changed in the last few days since i myself voted.

I thought the first design had won, and the poll had closed?

Offline Explo Schomer

• SP Global Moderator
  • Nice, eh?
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 15, 2007, 03:37:18 PM »
It had, but we must always be ready to accept new designs, and so when Faz submitted a new design, the poll was changed (the results of the first poll are still on the wiki). If you haven't already done so, please vote on the new poll, and the result of that decides what will be the Scho-Op/Second Steps build (until another design is submitted, which Mars has said he may do). This can indeed be infuriating, but hopefully we will get the best build possible.

Offline Baso Schomer

• The Hawaiian Shirts
    • View Profile
    • Desfrites
« Reply #12 on: August 15, 2007, 04:45:59 PM »
ok. I think the following;

• we use whatever the poll decided by this friday
  • we create a new thread with ideas for what should be in there, eg, circles, should blend in with scholympus etc...
!!Baso!!

Offline Explo Schomer

• SP Global Moderator
  • Nice, eh?
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 15, 2007, 04:59:50 PM »
I don't think we need a new thread, though I would use this thread rather than the front runners thread as the discussion more general than a design comparison.