Author Topic: Too much Control? Reviewing the Goverment  (Read 16276 times)

Offline Marsbar9 Schomer

• Coordinator
  • :-)
    • View Profile
    • Homepage
Re: Too much Control? Reveiwing the Goverment
« Reply #15 on: July 14, 2007, 12:24:51 PM »
No, we said we didn't need this, the government can handle things. I also don't see why people think we have more control. We do what we were told the job involved. We only set up polls, and then say what gets given etc.

THis is an annoying, upsetting, and confusing topic. If someone wants to explain what they see wrong with what we do...  ???
-Mars

Offline Achilles Schomer

• The Hawaiian Shirts
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 14, 2007, 12:42:05 PM »
topper

tell us the builds that have wrong permission and we'll deal with them
we might have some control but we ain't psyhic

else

---DT----
My posts are like buses...you wait days for a reply then they all come at once!

Offline Topper Schomer

• The Hawaiian Shirts
  • SP Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 14, 2007, 04:09:28 PM »
I felt some builds were being fastracked by a DO, no names.

Any way Mars the result of that poll was a yes 2 minutes ago. This is merly a thread that is examaning all parts of the goverment not just B+PP as the updated header clearly shows. It is essentiol that the goverment is under constent scrutoney to keeep it working at its best. If you think of HM British Goverment, How many people are there watching the goverments every move and every decision; You have the opostion, MPs, the Media, Watchdogs, Thinktanks an of couse the general public. This is not having a go at anybody just trying to stop divisions and keep the goverment working at it very best.

This 'trust' would have no power in the goverment so they would be totally indipndent

Offline Achilles Schomer

• The Hawaiian Shirts
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 14, 2007, 04:11:34 PM »
well we can't do anything about them

cos we don't know which ones are fasttracked

Offline Topper Schomer

• The Hawaiian Shirts
  • SP Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 14, 2007, 04:14:21 PM »
That is not the purpose of his thread as it not a general affair this is to do with what was mentioned above.

Topper

Offline Achilles Schomer

• The Hawaiian Shirts
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 14, 2007, 05:35:34 PM »
i would think that the main complaint made to us was that therefore it has everything to do with the purpose

Offline Topper Schomer

• The Hawaiian Shirts
  • SP Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 14, 2007, 09:00:08 PM »
Lets just forget this You obviously dont think that it is a good thing to keep the govement under constant scructany.

And on that note this thread will be open for one day and unless somthing happens that moves this away from haveing a go at me.

Topper

Offline Fox Phlox

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 14, 2007, 09:18:05 PM »
Topper, I think it's a very good thing to keep the government under constant scrutiny. All DOs should be accountable to the community. However, it's not enough just to scrutinise, there does need to be some way of moving things forward.

If someone (not just you, anyone) has a complaint or grievance, we need to think how we can deal with it. I appreciate that you do not want to name names in an open forum, and that you do not want this to become a one-to-one issue. Other options might be:

1. In-world or PM discussion with the person(s) concerned.
2. PM which is copied to all DOs of the department in question.
3. Approach the DOs of another government department (either General Affairs or Government Coordination) and explain the situation to them.
4. Discuss the situation with a member of staff either in world or via PM.

Taking route 3 or route 4 would mean that the issue could be dealt with in-world or via PM or raised impersonally in the forums. For example, if someone had a complaint against me because I was abusing my power as forum moderator but they didn't want to approach me directly, they could report it to Government Coordination and discuss it with those three DOs. One of them would then contact me to say that a complaint had received - giving details of the complaint.
Only the stoutest arm, the bravest heart, with a magic charm and a good head start can ever outfox the Fox

Offline Achilles Schomer

• The Hawaiian Shirts
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 14, 2007, 09:34:01 PM »
i just want to know what is was that was fastracked

you mentioned the rl government being scrutinised
well when they are they get told what they did wrong rather than saying something is wrong but were not going to mention

i'd like to know specific builds that were fast tracked so we can deal with them

else theres very little point in having a trust or anyone to scrutinise the government as nobody will know how to improve the situation

sorry for getting angty but please go into specifics

Offline Topper Schomer

• The Hawaiian Shirts
  • SP Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: July 15, 2007, 01:31:08 PM »
I dident really have a grievence but I would like to debate how we can improve and to hghligt problems.

I got  bit hot headed last night as it was moving a long way from where this thread was supposed to go, If I had a grevence I would send a PM to some one.

We do need o look at how the govement can be made better and if there are any problems straght forward ways of dealing with them.

Topper

Offline Explo Schomer

• SP Global Moderator
  • Nice, eh?
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: July 15, 2007, 02:31:17 PM »
Just to add to existing posts: if anyone has any complaints about any build in SPii, whether it was wrongfully approved, denied, or anything else, we really would like to hear from you and a review will be launched. Either make a post personally, or ask someone else to do so. DOs will treat all messages confidentially and will not release them without asking permission first. I hope this keeps the B+PP department under scrutiny as we do seem to play an important role. Thank you.
'I am the gadfly'-or at least, I'd like to be

Question everything, including this.

Offline Aston Schomer

• The Hawaiian Shirts
  • Keep on Staring!!
    • View Profile
    • My Userpage on the Schome Wiki
« Reply #26 on: July 15, 2007, 04:22:16 PM »
Ok, I want to complain about how the scho-op situatoin was handled. That is the building which I believe the building and planning department made a huge error on.

1st a scho-op was built without and Planning permission by Marsbar9 Schomer. This should not have been built because there had been no conclusive vote. There has been about 5 scho-op threads and all have had votes which have had no notice taken of!

The most recent scho-op thread is called "This is the LAST ever scho-op poll"

However there has already been a complaint by decimus that all the designs that were submitted are not there. SO, yet again "The LAST ever scho-op poll" will undoubtedly not be the last ever scho-op poll. Please can this be sorted out, apart from anything it completely undermines the building and planning department's rules because the current scho-op was built by Mars without any rules.

How can you expect people to possibly pay any attention to the rules when you don't follow them yourself????

Please, please just sort out the scho-op situation I think we're on the 5th thread now...

Offline Marsbar9 Schomer

• Coordinator
  • :-)
    • View Profile
    • Homepage
« Reply #27 on: July 15, 2007, 04:38:06 PM »
I'm not explaining, yet AGAIN! Why we went ahead with the scho-op. It was built the friday we got in, because no one except me had their inventory back. With the scho-op built, everyone could at least have something to play with.

We made some errors with this, but this is largely because certain members of the community asked us to re-do things, so it isn't our fault!

>:(Yet again - more digs. >:(
-Mars

Offline Achilles Schomer

• The Hawaiian Shirts
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: July 15, 2007, 04:49:10 PM »
the new sch-op actually is being built aston and supposedly will be built and ready for wednesday

indeed i'll be asking for a removal of the old one on wednesday whether or not this one is ready

Offline Explo Schomer

• SP Global Moderator
  • Nice, eh?
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: July 15, 2007, 05:11:44 PM »
I fully understand your annoyance at the Scho-Op application, Wheelo, and have shared it many times in the past months. I hope we have, however, made some progress in that design 3.2 has a clear majority in the current poll. Let us look back at our mistakes though:
Firstly, we did not make clear the options in many polls. I hope we have now gone some way to remedying this: I think polls across the department are looking a lot more standardised and clear than they did previously, though the newest thread is not helping. Secondly, the Scho-Op and Second Steps were built without permission for the design. We now know that both a concept and a design are required and such a mistake has not been made again. I can, however, sympathise with Mars and Faz that they thought the buildings had to be completed quickly. Thirdly, we have made too many polls. This is clearly something we have not improved on and there is really no excuse. As a department, we need to communicate more and ensure that there is only one active thread at a time on a certain subject. We could make it mandatory to discuss with other DOs before starting a thread or poll, but my worry is that this would just add to the time the process would take. This is clearly an area we need to work at.
'I am the gadfly'-or at least, I'd like to be

Question everything, including this.