The schome community Go to the Schome Wiki
June 01, 2020, 05:56:24 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: To register for the wiki or forum email ONE sentence explaining why you want to join the Schommunity to Peter[dot]Twining[at]newcastle[dot]edu[dot]au
(Replace [dot] with . and [at] with @)

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 7   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Hawaiian Shirts chatting about Welcome to SPii  (Read 50987 times)
Explo Schomer
SP Global Moderator

Nice, eh?

View Profile Email
« on: June 27, 2007, 09:51:57 AM »

An extremely good idea-I have to compliment both Trixxiee for the suggestion and yourself for carrying it through. I am watching this space intently.

'I am the gadfly'-or at least, I'd like to be

Question everything, including this.
Aston Schomer
The Hawaiian Shirts

Keep on Staring!!

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #1 on: June 27, 2007, 04:58:38 PM »

This is a fantastic idea! I have one question though: Will the new people not be allowed into SPii until they have a buddy?

Topper Schomer
The Hawaiian Shirts
SP Global Moderator

View Profile Email
« Reply #2 on: June 27, 2007, 05:09:23 PM »

I'd love to help but then who would want to go round with me :p

Topper
Marsbar9 Schomer
Coordinator

:-)

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #3 on: June 27, 2007, 06:43:47 PM »

Hi everyone - Topper - I'll go with you if none of the Sparkers2 want to lol

-Mars
Topper Schomer
The Hawaiian Shirts
SP Global Moderator

View Profile Email
« Reply #4 on: June 27, 2007, 07:16:52 PM »

I might just be able to convert you to minamilsem  >:D and there might just be a chance that that I could look at nature as the ultimate form of beauty  >:D  >:D

hehehe

Topper
PeterT
Administrator

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #5 on: June 28, 2007, 04:59:46 AM »

This is a fantastic idea! I have one question though: Will the new people not be allowed into SPii until they have a buddy?

That is the plan - and the first time they go in-world they should be accompanied by their buddy so that they can get to know each other a bit better, the buddy can introduce them to other new folk and can explain where to go for help and to get freebie stuff, etc.

One of the things I want buddies to do is to remind new folk of the importance of continuing to use the wiki, forum and SLog alongside SPii.
Trixxiee Schomer
SP Global Moderator

View Profile Email
« Reply #6 on: June 28, 2007, 12:27:51 PM »

I have the problem that my time in SPii is very intermittent and completely unpredictable, but I'd still like to be a buddy. Is there any way I could be a sort of forum/wiki buddy, seeing as getting into Schome Park is far from easy, and probably means I wouldn't be much help there?

On hiatus until further notice. Will be checking in occasionally.
Marsbar9 Schomer
Coordinator

:-)

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #7 on: June 28, 2007, 04:39:41 PM »

Well maybe it would help if you were buddy to someone in the same position?

-Mars
PeterT
Administrator

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #8 on: June 28, 2007, 06:53:27 PM »

I have the problem that my time in SPii is very intermittent and completely unpredictable, but I'd still like to be a buddy. Is there any way I could be a sort of forum/wiki buddy, seeing as getting into Schome Park is far from easy, and probably means I wouldn't be much help there?

I think you could certainly think of yourself as the meeter and greeter of new folk - who helps them find their way around in the wiki and forum.

It is critical that folk use the wiki and forum alongside SPii - the evidence is very clear that those folk who use all three gain much more from the experience.

PeterT
Topper Schomer
The Hawaiian Shirts
SP Global Moderator

View Profile Email
« Reply #9 on: June 28, 2007, 07:06:42 PM »

I dident realied what I had missed until the end of the progect. My posts went up by 100 in 10 day I think. It is important we use all 4 as the SLog can also be used to aid the experience.

Topper
PeterT
Administrator

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #10 on: June 28, 2007, 07:09:12 PM »

I dident realied what I had missed until the end of the progect. My posts went up by 100 in 10 day I think. It is important we use all 4 as the SLog can also be used to aid the experience.

Topper

Good point - thank you for mentioning the importance of the SLog.

We are still sorting out registering new folk to use the SLog - but as soon as we have done so we will be encouraging buddies to encourage their partner to make full use of it too.
PeterT
Administrator

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #11 on: June 28, 2007, 07:11:39 PM »

Just so you know - I have just registered 6 new adult avatars - these folk are coming in to SPii (and the forum/wiki) to help support you in a range of different areas.

As with all newbies I have asked them to get themselves a buddy before they go in-world - so be nice to them - remember they are adults and may find the technology a bit of a challenge (though most of them have been operating in SL in the Main Grid for a while).   lol

PeterT
Trixxiee Schomer
SP Global Moderator

View Profile Email
« Reply #12 on: June 28, 2007, 07:22:14 PM »

Ooh, as unofficial meeter and greeter, can I set up a "PM the newbies" service? Or would that just be annoying? lol

So yes, I will be on hand to um...aide...the forum/wiki experience...like a travel brochure.

<goes back to writing, since normal posting obviously isn't happening tonight>

Trix

PeterT
Administrator

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #13 on: June 28, 2007, 07:25:41 PM »

Ooh, as unofficial meeter and greeter, can I set up a "PM the newbies" service? Or would that just be annoying? lol

So yes, I will be on hand to um...aide...the forum/wiki experience...like a travel brochure.

<goes back to writing, since normal posting obviously isn't happening tonight>

Trix

I think some of the newbies are a bit hesitant - so a PM might be just what they need to help break the ice and encourage them to post a message in Welcome to SPii

Good idea.

PeterT
Trixxiee Schomer
SP Global Moderator

View Profile Email
« Reply #14 on: June 28, 2007, 07:31:26 PM »

Thanks. Now I need to work out who's new...

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 7   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: