The schome community Go to the Schome Wiki
October 30, 2020, 05:30:57 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: To register for the wiki or forum email ONE sentence explaining why you want to join the Schommunity to Peter[dot]Twining[at]newcastle[dot]edu[dot]au
(Replace [dot] with . and [at] with @)

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 35   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Welcome to SPii  (Read 162352 times)
FI Schomer
SParkers

View Profile Email
« Reply #60 on: July 01, 2007, 01:47:45 PM »

Thanks Peter- It works now
Thanks again! :D
Emodalek Schomer
The Hawaiian Shirts

View Profile Email
« Reply #61 on: July 01, 2007, 07:29:46 PM »

Dear Peter Twining,
i have logged into second life twice now and it did not give my avatar any clothing. when i tried to put the default clothes on, it did not let me. I also went into the sco-op where i put on a top. the second time i logged in, this loaded immediatly so this cannot be a loading problem.my other complaint is that the first time i logged  in, i selected the male gender option, and what does it do, it makes my avatar a woman.
that is my list of complaints bye for now.
Emodalek Schomer
The Hawaiian Shirts

View Profile Email
« Reply #62 on: July 01, 2007, 07:32:34 PM »

Dear Peter,

I am sorry, I did not mean to sound rude. It has been frustrating, but I'm sure I will learn soon, with help from  other Schomers.

Apologies again,
Emodalek
Emodalek Schomer
The Hawaiian Shirts

View Profile Email
« Reply #63 on: July 01, 2007, 07:36:43 PM »

my problem has now been fixed, so there is no need to reply
thanks.
Explo Schomer
SP Global Moderator

Nice, eh?

View Profile Email
« Reply #64 on: July 01, 2007, 08:02:25 PM »

Dear Peter,

I am sorry, I did not mean to sound rude. It has been frustrating, but I'm sure I will learn soon, with help from  other Schomers.

Apologies again,
Emodalek

It certainly doesn't sound very rude to me. Indeed, I think I ought to thank you for being so polite-I know my manners aren't nearly so good.  :)

'I am the gadfly'-or at least, I'd like to be

Question everything, including this.
Elsa

View Profile Email
« Reply #65 on: July 01, 2007, 08:13:02 PM »

Hi Emodalek,
Good to know your problems have resolved themselves this time.  Lag and graphics can be a problem, and there is a weird issue that means all avs can appear female until they have fully loaded.  If you ever need help in-world just look out for someone else and ask them by typing into the chat box - we're a pretty friendly bunch. Welcome to Spii  ;)
Fox Phlox

View Profile Email
« Reply #66 on: July 01, 2007, 08:14:26 PM »

Hi Emodalek - I'm glad your problem has been fixed. If you search through the library you will find at the bottom of your inventory you'll find items which your avatar can put on to appear male, female or even furry!

Only the stoutest arm, the bravest heart, with a magic charm and a good head start can ever outfox the Fox
Topper Schomer
The Hawaiian Shirts
SP Global Moderator

View Profile Email
« Reply #67 on: July 01, 2007, 08:28:04 PM »

My avata once changed to a female for a whole session so that session I was a blue box!!

Topper
Kali Schomer
SP Global Moderator

View Profile Email
« Reply #68 on: July 01, 2007, 10:27:03 PM »

lol

Flio was a girl for a while. I wonder if he still is....?
FI Schomer
SParkers

View Profile Email
« Reply #69 on: July 01, 2007, 10:39:02 PM »

Hey Kali- I sent you a message. When can you come on tomorrow, because I have school, and so do not have a chance to come on until 9:30 UK time ( I may be able to come on for 30 min at around 5:30 UK time, at lunch)
FI schomer
Emodalek Schomer
The Hawaiian Shirts

View Profile Email
« Reply #70 on: July 02, 2007, 06:41:26 AM »

I explored on my own yesterday, and would like to know how to get a 'funny' avatar like a dragon or a dinosaur.
i would also like to know, how to copy objects(i.e boats) i found one but could not ride it because i did not own it.
Thanks for the replys anyway,
Emodalek.
Achilles Schomer
The Hawaiian Shirts

View Profile Email
« Reply #71 on: July 02, 2007, 10:54:15 AM »

if you go into the sch-op (the building next to all the pillars) then you can touch theese panels to get loads of free stuff which you'll have the permissions for allowing you to ride

My posts are like buses...you wait days for a reply then they all come at once!
Topper Schomer
The Hawaiian Shirts
SP Global Moderator

View Profile Email
« Reply #72 on: July 02, 2007, 12:45:01 PM »

I will give you a full folder of reagatta compatable boats when my mums laptop is reperid.

Topper
Explo Schomer
SP Global Moderator

Nice, eh?

View Profile Email
« Reply #73 on: July 02, 2007, 04:48:22 PM »

Non-humanoid avatars can be made by several methods. You can attach prims, as I believe Wheelo did, to make a sort of surrounding body. Alternatively, you can change the normal proportions and then add clothes on top, as I believe the Dragon avatar that was made does. There are probably other methods but I don't know of them.

'I am the gadfly'-or at least, I'd like to be

Question everything, including this.
Fox Phlox

View Profile Email
« Reply #74 on: July 02, 2007, 07:18:19 PM »

I saw one on the Main Grid which was just a small black scribble. I'm told you do that by folding your limbs up inside your body, but I'm not sure how that would work.

Only the stoutest arm, the bravest heart, with a magic charm and a good head start can ever outfox the Fox
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 35   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: