Author Topic: The EMERGENCY HELP button - and getting help generally  (Read 10585 times)

Offline An¡mus

• SP Global Moderator
  • Original Schomer
    • View Profile
    • Faz's Wiki user page
Re: The EMERGENCY HELP button - and getting help generally
« Reply #15 on: December 02, 2007, 04:53:43 PM »

You are all pretty relaxed in my opinion when it comes to the emergency help button!
Earlier in the Spii project me and Hapno had to wait for at least half an hour before Elsa came in, even though it was a very serious emergency.

Offline Topper Schomer

• The Hawaiian Shirts
  • SP Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 02, 2007, 06:48:32 PM »
hmmmm when there was a serious prob with edi the emergency help button was press about 10 time a fourm thread urging help was put up and PMs sent to all staff online but it still took 1/2 an hour for a staff member to get in by wich time half the peeps online had shelted in a giant box and 'edi bots' basic scripted object were evry where but by the time sio got to edi, she was TPed to the big box edi had cleared up and then acted the inocent

Topper

Offline PeterT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • PeterT's homepage in WikiWorks
« Reply #17 on: December 03, 2007, 06:00:49 AM »
The speed with which we respond to the emergency help depends upon who is looking at their email at the time (and can drop whatever they are doing to respond and has access to a machine with SL installed) - so, for example, if it is pushed late at night then the response rate will be slower. Must admit I was wondering last night whether there was a way for the Emergency help button to post a message to the forum as well as sending out an email - cos I suspect that this might generate a faster response on some occasions - cos then we could respond even if we were not on a machine that had access to SL ...

PeterT

Offline An¡mus

• SP Global Moderator
  • Original Schomer
    • View Profile
    • Faz's Wiki user page
« Reply #18 on: December 03, 2007, 04:51:38 PM »
The speed with which we respond to the emergency help depends upon who is looking at their email at the time (and can drop whatever they are doing to respond and has access to a machine with SL installed) - so, for example, if it is pushed late at night then the response rate will be slower. Must admit I was wondering last night whether there was a way for the Emergency help button to post a message to the forum as well as sending out an email - cos I suspect that this might generate a faster response on some occasions - cos then we could respond even if we were not on a machine that had access to SL ...

PeterT

Granted, but that wouldn't really be emergency help would it? More like emergency advice. Still a good idea though

Offline Fox Phlox

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 03, 2007, 05:02:53 PM »
that wouldn't really be emergency help would it? More like emergency advice.

Like ringing for an ambulance and getting NHS Direct instead.
Only the stoutest arm, the bravest heart, with a magic charm and a good head start can ever outfox the Fox